What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 8/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

Ronald Jenkees, Odeza, Yppah, Cillo, Dreamwallow, ect...

Love Odesza! I'll have to check out some of the others you mentioned.

What a fun thread! I'm currently listening to a mix of what the kids these days call "classic rock." It's a collection of my fave songs by bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins ... 

Remember the days when it was a fun treat to go to the music store and find an import CD? Or read the CD insert from cover to cover to learn lyrics and find out more about the ethos of the band? 

• Like 2

@Jennifer VLuckily I still have a good old school music store with the same guy working there who has been there since at least the early 80s. It's a "head shop" as they used to call them. Walk in and you smell the incense and there's lots of band t shirts and of course lots of music. He always recommends something and will play anything you're thinking of buying.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, sudofish said:

@Jennifer VLuckily I still have a good old school music store with the same guy working there who has been there since at least the early 80s. It's a "head shop" as they used to call them. Walk in and you smell the incense and there's lots of band t shirts and of course lots of music. He always recommends something and will play anything you're thinking of buying.

We have one of those places, Sunrise Records on 11th Street in Beaumont Texas.   Many memories of visiting that place.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was a radio DJ a lonnnnnng way back somewhere in the last century so I have pretty eclectic tastes.  Like to listen to a lot of the older New Wave/Electronic/Industrial dance music that remind me of my DJ days,  but find that when my day is done and I want to just sit in a chair and watch my fish I gravitate to largely instrumental bands like God is Astronaut, The Ills, Mogwai or dub music like Twilight Circus or (RIP) Lee Scratch Perry.  For the record,  I'm about the squarest tea-totaling, speed limit driving, non-smoking of anything middle age Dad you'll come across...My teenager will gladly confirm upon ask.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 12:40 PM, lefty o said:

a couple of the best guitar pickers to have ever lived!

Boy, this sent me down a rabbit hole! 😄 I got on a great guitarist kick. First I had to watch some Roy Clark, then I remembered Eric Clapton and had to watch a bunch of him. Then Slash popped up... And it just occurred to me that Angus Young is pretty dang good too. Headphones and YouTube on the big TV again tonight. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, Ken said:

Boy, this sent me down a rabbit hole! 😄 I got on a great guitarist kick. First I had to watch some Roy Clark, then I remembered Eric Clapton and had to watch a bunch of him. Then Slash popped up... And it just occurred to me that Angus Young is pretty dang good too. Headphones and YouTube on the big TV again tonight. 

they are all great players. Angus is noted in the top 100 best players ever, but IMO i think he should for sure be a top 20. its just phenominal what he can do with that SG.