Reptiles?

Chiclid addict

1 hour ago, Patrick M. Bodega Aquatics said:

Not reptiles but I do have a pair of African Dwarf frogs. I've always wanted to get a snake. Any beginner snakes that are small you recommend?

I have a couple that I would recommend those being a ball python,milk snake,king snake and a corn snake. But I can’t stress enough to do your research and see what’s right for you and like in the fish world don’t buy from petco/pet smart for live animals 

I used to have a variety of snakes and lizards. At one time I had an albino Burmese python that was almost 18' long, several ball pythons, leopard geckos, a bearded dragon, and a Nile monitor, and a couple red ear sliders. My wife is deathly scared of snakes, so none in the house, but my sons keep asking her, hopefully they can get her to cave, I'd love to have a ball python or two for them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

I used to have a variety of snakes and lizards. At one time I had an albino Burmese python that was almost 18' long, several ball pythons, leopard geckos, a bearded dragon, and a Nile monitor, and a couple red ear sliders. My wife is deathly scared of snakes, so none in the house, but my sons keep asking her, hopefully they can get her to cave, I'd love to have a ball python or two for them. 

Yeah most of my family is deathly scared of snakes except for my mom so I have all my reptiles in my bedroom lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 11:33 PM, H.K.Luterman said:

I have a 20 year old rescue russian tortoise named Sputnik who likes to supervise everything I do.

PXL_20201229_171235238.jpg.9f938bf69b083db726852c840ea88003.jpg

Does he free roam the house? Is he "potty" trained? Just wondering, have thought about getting one but didn't know about where they go to the bathroom

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James Black said:

Does he free roam the house? Is he "potty" trained? Just wondering, have thought about getting one but didn't know about where they go to the bathroom

She lives in a custom built "tortoise table" during the winter, at night and when she can't be on the floor. During the summer she has an enclosed porch she spends the entire day out in. And when I can, I let her roam around on the floor (we even had a heat lamp installed for her she can park under). And no, she's not potty trained, she just goes where she goes and I just clean up after her. X3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have 4 crested geckos with 2 more on the way once shipping allows again. My girlfriend really wants a leopard gecko so I might get us one this Christmas (I have done lots of research and will continue to do so). I really want a blue tongue skink someday as well as a few chameleons but that’s not gonna happen till we have a house. E9B16873-F183-414F-A7FF-2F92E7C3D015.jpeg.0796bf18acd1ca594598a1a6b1672849.jpeg

9423BF89-ADA0-437D-A6A6-C38F3D950A09.jpeg

D42329CF-A92A-4886-B824-D7362453A882.jpeg

85F752C7-D718-4017-AFB3-4119432874CE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

I currently have 4 crested geckos with 2 more on the way once shipping allows again. My girlfriend really wants a leopard gecko so I might get us one this Christmas (I have done lots of research and will continue to do so). I really want a blue tongue skink someday as well as a few chameleons but that’s not gonna happen till we have a house.

I currently only keep snakes but would love to get a blue tounge skink someday 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...