These kids recently went through a growth spurt. They still look like they are displaying breeding behavior but I’m not certain. They eat EVERYTHING.  They don’t just snuffle around in the gravel like my corys do.  They nose dive in wiggle and shove gravel out of the way until their entire head is buried. They also eat baby bladdersnails off the glass. So they might be laying at night then eating the eggs. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 1:43 PM, Guppysnail said:

These kids recently went through a growth spurt. They still look like they are displaying breeding behavior but I’m not certain. They eat EVERYTHING.  They don’t just snuffle around in the gravel like my corys do.  They nose dive in wiggle and shove gravel out of the way until their entire head is buried. They also eat baby bladdersnails off the glass. So they might be laying at night then eating the eggs. 🤷‍♀️ 

Have you thought about adding some spawning mops to see what you get??

On 11/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Have you thought about adding some spawning mops to see what you get??

I never use those. I use globs if moss and tons of plants. If they are not spawning and artificial mop is not going to encourage spawning. They only make collections easier. If they are spawning and eating the way these things wiggle through moss they will eat them from the mop. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

Sweet potato update. 
It started getting very cool from a draft on my window ledge. Sweet potatoes need warmth. I cut the potato so just the edge of the stem touched water so it would grow roots from the stem. It’s much smaller than I had hoped because I started it so late in the year but we’re gonna put it in a tank now and see if we can get it to grow

75A05140-2183-4EF8-BB7D-78E9C5BDCA5E.jpeg

6D2234C9-DE72-4A16-979D-C8C11415DF3F.jpeg

FD137296-7337-4B9C-828A-FEE255F0E6C7.jpeg

4E1766CB-3E42-4A9D-B37C-FAACA0991BE5.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On 11/18/2022 at 8:02 PM, Guppysnail said:

Sweet potato update. 
It started getting very cool from a draft on my window ledge. Sweet potatoes need warmth. I cut the potato so just the edge of the stem touched water so it would grow roots from the stem. It’s much smaller than I had hoped but I started it so late in the year but we’re gonna put it in a tank now and see if we can get it to grow

75A05140-2183-4EF8-BB7D-78E9C5BDCA5E.jpeg

6D2234C9-DE72-4A16-979D-C8C11415DF3F.jpeg

FD137296-7337-4B9C-828A-FEE255F0E6C7.jpeg

4E1766CB-3E42-4A9D-B37C-FAACA0991BE5.jpeg

Nice Idea!

On 11/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, Guppysnail said:

Smart or lazy?

I put a few magenta girls in the Badis badis tank to help keep it tidy. This girl has taken up residence on this log. She comes for wafers and veggies then right back up. 

She figured out she can get air with her siphon and pull down duckweed snacks without leaving her perch. 

0AC9A11A-8712-4AEA-A796-4B1B8C8A2127.jpeg

31564222-2253-4BB1-92A2-9E2297B6EF18.jpeg

Why move whey you can get a buffet and never leave your bedroom.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Wow, surprising.

I know. I thought that’s how they grew with a late tail fin. All of them hatched in all the other tanks were like that. Cece is the first I hatched without shrimp in a tank so that’s the only difference. 

• Like 1

ORD! Finally caught up. Congratulations on the great niece! They are so precious when they are new babies. 😊 They're great all the time but new babies are so small and sleepy.

Your sweet potato looks good and I'm happy to see Mom and dad snuggling under their log. She's so funny nudging him. Fish have feelings, and it's interesting to see mates reunited. 💚

• Like 2

So the girl I was getting the gold gourami from can’t get them out prior to Black Friday. I do not feel good about getting them shipped after BF. I decided against them. 
The small LFS near me that I never feel great about their fish has had 2 Dwarf red honey gourami that though pale and underfed has lasted 4 weeks there so maybe strong starting stock. 
I ordered 6 that will not go in their main tanks but I will pick up. Wish me luck Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 And they will be full hazmat QT with me for some time but I really want gourami  in the 29 and no one local does gourami  

81077D93-E064-4F58-B770-9CF6D62203B2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 11/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, Guppysnail said:

So the girl I was getting the gold gourami from can’t get them out prior to Black Friday. I do not feel good about getting them shipped after BF. I decided against them. 
The small LFS near me that I never feel great about their fish has had 2 Dwarf red honey gourami that though pale and underfed has lasted 4 weeks there so maybe strong starting stock. 
I ordered 6 that will not go in their main tanks but I will pick up. Wish me luck Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 And they will be full hazmat QT with me for some time but I really want gourami  in the 29 and no one local does gourami  

81077D93-E064-4F58-B770-9CF6D62203B2.jpeg

Good luck!! Looking at the picture I can tell why you want them so badly 😉