On 1/12/2023 at 7:36 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Stuck on a piece of wood or anything? It happens, unfortunately.

I’m not quite sure what happened there. I do have a chunk of driftwood in there but stuffed moss in all the places I thought may snag him.  

He was in and around my water dispersion tool which does have  very rough edges where I poked my own holes. Time for a better one, I suppose.

He’s got tannins in the water though which should aid him.

EB47586D-BC22-4F34-AC62-40088E078636.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 5:24 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

He was in and around my water dispersion tool which does have  very rough edges where I poked my own holes. Time for a better one, I suppose.

Yeah, I don't think it's any long term issue. Might split down the ray.

I use sandpaper, when I can't use that I use those pick hooks to smooth out edges. If you really need it you can use a file too. They have them for all kinds of things and they do some in handy.

Depending on the material, even a hairdryer might work to soften the edges or deburr things.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 10:32 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Yeah, I don't think it's any long term issue. Might split down the ray.

I use sandpaper, when I can't use that I use those pick hooks to smooth out edges. If you really need it you can use a file too. They have them for all kinds of things and they do some in handy.

Depending on the material, even a hairdryer might work to soften the edges or deburr things.

Yeah. It’s a plastic jug. Never had a problem with other fish but he is very involved in what I’m doing.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:39 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Went ahead and ordered this one from my baffle guy.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:13 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Oh yeah that’s what I meant! I had flowers on my brain since the Aponogeton was making one.

Also, here’s a video I “tried” to make…. About Geppetto using his favorite plant as his beds. But!!!  Well, this is a floor tank and the video was hard to make. I wonder if @Odd Duck , @Guppysnail, and @xXInkedPhoenixX can relate!!!

Totally relate!  One of mine (not the current tank sitter, the previous tank sitter and tank puker 🤦🏻‍♀️) absolutely will not leave me alone when I’m doing anything with the tanks.  The lower the tank, the more involved she is.  I have one culture tank currently on the floor and it’s impossible to look at it without excessive supervision.  I particularly identify with the tail whisking by.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 😝 🤣 I see as much of that as I do of that tank when I’m down there.  I have to,be very careful not to step back onto her.  She’s fast, but wants to be close but not close enough I know exactly where she is.  If you have cats you know exactly what I mean.  😆 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@tolstoy21hhave you ever fed it?

On 1/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Who wants this other one? I will send it to you, RAOK.

On 1/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Aquashella is coming up, and I have to make sure I look the part of NERM 😉.

That's awesome. I really love the slogan, the logo, and everything about it. One of the nicest things they've made!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 12:10 PM, tolstoy21 said:

Vibra bites?

Sometimes I think it's the only food my fish will eat!

However, I have a 2lb bag of it now that I'm still going through.

To be honest mine aren't over joyed with the stuff. They really do seem to prefer fluval bug bites and it seems from the label it is a better food. One thing i will say that is a plus for vibra bite is i'm pretty sure it has carrotine (though I can't find it on the label) and the fishes that do eat it are more orange. What i really want is a pellet from of spirulina. A lot of cichlids really need a chunk of plant matter but flakes just aren't very filling for larger fishes.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 12:27 PM, anewbie said:

What i really want is a pellet from of spirulina.

YEP! I think northfin has one.  Some omnivore cichlid food should have that.  Hikari Discus food is a pellet version, slightly better ingredients. 🙂

I am working on transitioning from vibra bites to try some of the bug foods, Good to hear that yours are doing well with it! 

The foods I have the most success with are Vibra Bites (as perviously stated), Northfin Bug Pro and Xtreme Nano Pellets.  My fish reluctantly eat Repashy (except the plecos, they love it).  All my other fish will eat Resphy, but they never seem thrilled about it.  I feed a lot of Igapo Explorer and Bottom Scratcher (plecos get Morning Wood and Soilent Green). Most of the other foods I've tried, the fish don't even touch.

However, like I said, every single fish I keep loves Vibra Bites and they gobble it down with much more gusto!  

Of course, I'm just listing 'commercial' foods here, not live or frozen or veggies.

I used to feed Xtreme Krill flakes and my Odessa Barbs went NUTZ for that. However, most of the fish I keep prefer sinking foods, and with a lot of floating plants in my tanks flake foods get stuck in the plants and make a mess.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 6:44 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Nice haul from my recent co op order. Got a shirt this time. Aquashella is coming up, and I have to make sure I look the part of NERM 😉. And oops! I must have put 2 vibra bites in the cart! Only need one. Who wants this other one? I will send it to you, RAOK.

3F248675-CD5E-4FFC-A8B8-EC83BE556131.jpeg

Nice haul! Each time I meet my friends while wearing the Murphy hat from my care package, they all ask if it’s some kind of new pop culture thing. 😂

I’m interested in the Vibra bites, but burdening you with shipping costs would be very unkind! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 12:44 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Nice haul from my recent co op order. Got a shirt this time. Aquashella is coming up, and I have to make sure I look the part of NERM 😉. And oops! I must have put 2 vibra bites in the cart! Only need one. Who wants this other one? I will send it to you, RAOK.

3F248675-CD5E-4FFC-A8B8-EC83BE556131.jpeg

Touché Aquarium Co Op, for putting Super Glue Gel in the online shop!  How convenient!  Tank lids next.  Please please!  The glass ones on the market now; they never seem to fit right!  And I reaaaalllly don't want to bust out power tools to make lids.  I just don't.   @Cory

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea