Is this tank a little too “jungle”

Ken Burke

The jungle-ier the better as far as I'm concerned! One of my tanks is around that full and the other day when I was looking at pics of when it was new, I kind of missed the open space the fish had when the plants were wee sprouts but I don't think the fish miss it. They plow through the plants and swim anyway 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, Streetwise said:

It looks amazing. Shrimp?

Hiding.  Hank the angel gets puckish sometimes.  The other two angels are in a 20 gal trying to spawn…

On 5/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, PineSong said:

The jungle-ier the better as far as I'm concerned! One of my tanks is around that full and the other day when I was looking at pics of when it was new, I kind of missed the open space the fish had when the plants were wee sprouts but I don't think the fish miss it. They plow through the plants and swim anyway 🙂

The only one that could have trouble plowing through the jungle in, Hank.   

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, JettsPapa said:

If I was going to do anything it would be to add some tall plants on the far left.  I definitely wouldn't have fewer plants.

On 5/13/2022 at 10:50 AM, sumplkrum said:

I prefer to keep an opening in the middle of the tank, so the swords would be positioned at either end to fill out the sides.

Otherwise, I think that's about right. Enough space to swim, but plenty of veg. Good job.

I have a sword on that side. But it just never grew 

It looks mature. The plants are thriving. I don't see any of the plants that are looking worse for wear or neglected.

In terms of the watersprite that is floating if we are looking at this from an aquascaping perspective we could pull that and go with a dwarf water lettuce or red root floaters which could do the same thing and clear up the water column and  kind of put more focus on the plants in the substrate but I love big bushy floating plants like the sprite.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:16 PM, Ken Burke said:

2-3 Amazon swords, Java ferns, Java moss, a Mellon sword, several cryps, some anubias and water sprite.

I'd move the water sprite the the back left corner. Trim it so the other plants don't get shaded out too bad.  Right now they look fine, but it's one of those things where it could just easily engulf and take over.  To your question though, not at all! Tank looks great and not overgrown at all.