Short person maintenance question.

ErinV

I am pretty much eye level with my new 90g set up and I can only rearrange plants and such with the tank half empty.  I am getting close to being able to add fish. 

Question: how do I add root tabs or work on plants without having to do a 50% water change? Especially in those first weeks as fish get settled. 

20210716_113701.jpg

• Like 1

I use a small stool. I still end up almost to my armpits, depending on what part of the tank I'm working on.

There's a really cool article by Bill Smith on here for a root tab tool.  I still need to make one of these!

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/554-pex-piller-quick-and-easy-diy-root-tab-injector- -substrate-inserter-pill-bottom-release-for-under-10/?tab=comments#comment-3945

• Like 1

I'm tall and even I sometimes have issues with my 20 gallon tall tanks so I can see where someone who doesn't have super long arms like me would run into issues. I concur with both @Guppysnail and @Daniel aquascaping tools are super, super handy and an absolute must to have. I didn't realize they came so long though Daniel! That's awesome!!

On 7/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, ErinV said:

@Guppysnail and @Daniel, I would never have thought to look for longer tools. Just assumed it was the one standard size. Looks like I will be hanging out on Amazon this evening. 

I had to get the longer tools to work in my 36" deep aquarium. And as @Phantom240 mentions, I have had my wife and my youngest son go into the big aquarium to move hardscape around. I know I have photos of that somewhere. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1