Jump to content

Anyone Watch Anime?


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

Of course begining with indigo league. And journeys is the best the show has been in years imo. I felt like the show started going down hill quickly after battle frontier, and only began to improve during sun and moon.

idk why but I really don't like journeys. I guess because they took out the excitement of someone catching a new Pokémon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2021 at 12:01 PM, quirkylemon103 said:

I love Nichijou(my ordinary life) 🙂. does anyone have recommendations for what I can watch with my younger sister?

If you like Nichijō's the quirky combination of slice-of-life plus fantasy/sci-fi, here are few suggestions. You did not mention how old she is. So, you may want to preview a couple of episodes to determine if a series is age-/content-appropriate for your sister. BTW, use the links to see plot summaries, reviews, and voice cast

For traditional tales, this is an excellent series: Folktales from Japan👹

Natsume's Book of Friends 夏目友人帳「Natsume Yūjinchō」
English subtitled or dubbed versions are available. 😎

56482443-7948-4ced-88da-c8ddb0f3a3c1.jpg

Edited by Anita
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

idk why but I really don't like journeys. I guess because they took out the excitement of someone catching a new Pokémon. 

I mostly like that it doesn't follow the same plot that it has followed for every generation since the begining. 

Rather than just Ash traveling from gym to gym collecting badges to compete in the pokemon league he is helping Goh learn about being a pokemon trainer while he tries to catch one of every Pokemon and Ash competing in a world wide pokemon tournament.

And as for new pokemon idk how much you've watched but they've visited Galar several times so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

I mostly like that it doesn't follow the same plot that it has followed for every generation since the begining. 

Rather than just Ash traveling from gym to gym collecting badges to compete in the pokemon league he is helping Goh learn about being a pokemon trainer while he tries to catch one of every Pokemon and Ash competing in a world wide pokemon tournament.

And as for new pokemon idk how much you've watched but they've visited Galar several times so far.

I mean it was exiting whenever someone caught a Pokémon but now goh catches a Pokémon almost every episode so it isn't exiting anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to watch a ton of anime when I was in middle school and high school, now just once in a great while and I’m very picky which titles I like, pretty much everything I like was made in the late 80s early 90s lol titles like project a-ko, maison ikkoku, boys over flowers, magic knight rayearth, the slayers, sailor moon of course.

Utena is my absolute series of all time

Edited by marionmaymay
added some titles
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Too much I dare to admit 😋. Have been an Otaku for 17 years or so..

This season I'm watching: Boku no Hero Academia and Tokyo Revengers. Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) is awesome and I can't wait for season 2. Mugen train movie was really good. Have some more shows on my to watch list, but will pick those up later.

Massive Gundam fan (and I have wáy too much GunPla to go with it).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

My wife and I are the equivalent of Anime, Manga, and Manhua Nerms. She is more into the Manhua and Shoujo manga, but we overlapped in Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, and My Love Story. 

We also like watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken together, and Demon Slayer. We have watched the movie twice and she jokingly asked if I wanted to watch it again with her in the theatre. 

As for myself, I have watched One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Overlord, Violet Evergarden, Neon Genesis, Code Geass, Pokemon (I know most of the theme song lyrics by heart), and No Game No Life just to name a few. 

I also enjoy some Chanime like The King’s Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi. Is my weebness showing? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 1:27 AM, AnimalNerd98 said:

My wife and I are the equivalent of Anime, Manga, and Manhua Nerms. She is more into the Manhua and Shoujo manga, but we overlapped in Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, and My Love Story. 

We also like watching Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken together, and Demon Slayer. We have watched the movie twice and she jokingly asked if I wanted to watch it again with her in the theatre. 

As for myself, I have watched One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Overlord, Violet Evergarden, Neon Genesis, Code Geass, Pokemon (I know most of the theme song lyrics by heart), and No Game No Life just to name a few. 

I also enjoy some Chanime like The King’s Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi. Is my weebness showing? 

Everyone you said I have also seen lol.

My car have a Playlist of anime openings and endings. ..newest song added is = time - reona

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...