Anyone Watch Anime?

Weeb thread? Nice. I don't watch much modern anime, I mostly just rerun stuff from before my time. Sometimes I hunt for things I've never seen before from the 70s, and 80s. That gets harder all the time cause they arent making it anymore obviously lol. Outlanders, Dream Hunter Rem, and Project A-ko are some of my favorites, probably seen all those at least 20 times each. Bubblegum Crisis and it's spin-offs are up there too, except for that one AD Police reboot.

As far as reasonably modern stuff, I do like the Fate series a lot, but I fell behind on that a while ago. Big fan of Goblin Slayer as well. First anime to force me to get into light novels. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 1:56 AM, Indlers said:

Weeb thread? Nice. I don't watch much modern anime, I mostly just rerun stuff from before my time. Sometimes I hunt for things I've never seen before from the 70s, and 80s. That gets harder all the time cause they arent making it anymore obviously lol. Outlanders, Dream Hunter Rem, and Project A-ko are some of my favorites, probably seen all those at least 20 times each. Bubblegum Crisis and it's spin-offs are up there too, except for that one AD Police reboot.

As far as reasonably modern stuff, I do like the Fate series a lot, but I fell behind on that a while ago. Big fan of Goblin Slayer as well. First anime to force me to get into light novels. 

I do enjoy fate series, quality is amazing 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, WhitecloudDynasty said:

I do enjoy fate series, quality is amazing 

Oh yeah, it's great. My only minor complaint is the periodic genderbending of historical characters. I'm sitting here with a bunch of Artoria Pendragon figures, so I don't mind too much. It just trims off a bit of my willful suspension of disbelief with each new one. Pretty sure at the heart of it is they know that waifus sell. So as long as Type Moon is selling, we get more Type Moon stuff, so that's good.

• 1 month later...

Blade Runner: Black Lotus opening of the anime sequence. I realize it’s gotten mixed reviews. Maybe divergence from proper anime. I just appreciate the artistry…

And the theme from Alessia Cara is very catchy. If you’re a Blade Runner nerd, I think it helps.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1

Our family watches a lot of anime. Started with Cowboy Bebop back when we were in high school... Um, that, then I've always loved Big O. Super into a lot of different styles, generes, target audiences. I fell in love with My Hero Academia. Really into SAO, Overlord, Hellsing. I own a large collection of anime. We mostly watch dubbed anime these days, just because we multi-task with a toddler.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:19 PM, Minanora said:

Our family watches a lot of anime. Started with Cowboy Bebop back when we were in high school... Um, that, then I've always loved Big O. Super into a lot of different styles, generes, target audiences. I fell in love with My Hero Academia. Really into SAO, Overlord, Hellsing. I own a large collection of anime. We mostly watch dubbed anime these days, just because we multi-task with a toddler.

Sweet! I watch dub also when I'm doing water change

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, Brandon p said:

I watch a lot but don’t understand much of what is going on. One of my sons watch’s a lot so I see a lot. He like one where very one is named after 70’s,80’s, and 90’s band or songs

Pretty sure that's jojo. One of my faves.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, Indlers said:

I don't watch much anime older the Evangelion but Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one of my all time favorites 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, Fish Folk said:

Anyone check out the Anime "Star Wars Visions" on Disney+ ? I've started. Kind of interesting...

I watch it. My favorite episode was the twins, mainly bc of the animation. It was animated by studio trigger, which makes a lot of fun stuff. Thats probably my favorite aspect of the anthology, that every episode is animated by a different studio. There are some interesting ideas in all the episodes and ep 2 is the only one i didnt enjoy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finished Season 1 of Blade Runner: Black Lotus. Pretty intense stuff! Music built into Episode 10 "Clair de Lune" was very cool. Storyline builds nicely towards Blade Runner: 2049, providing an explanation for Neander Wallace. Alessia Cara does a great job singing both the title music and some of the smooth jazz in this episode. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, WhitecloudDynasty said:

I just finished Cyberpunk edgerunner on Netflix and it was pretty good, I'll leave it at that

We just started that last night. So far I like it. However, now my husband is going to replay the game 😂 so...

We also watched Made in Abyss recently. I look forward to more episodes. It's a bit darker than I expected, but very good.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:34 PM, Minanora said:

We just started that last night. So far I like it. However, now my husband is going to replay the game 😂 so...

We also watched Made in Abyss recently. I look forward to more episodes. It's a bit darker than I expected, but very good.

Wait til you finish it..You'll love it

Beautifully done 

• 1 month later...