Whats your favorite type of schooling/ shoaling fish???

FrozenFins

10 minutes ago, Paul_Obermiller said:

I like Congo Tetras for schooling and for shoaling I think corydoras is a great choice. They like to sift through everything as a group I think it just fun to watch them pull bloodworms out of the substrate.

yeah congo tetras are gourgoues!!

Schooling: Pygmy cories, because they are really fun to watch in a tight school/shoal. They will swim close together.

Shoaling: Undecided yet. I like a lot of different species of cories, but I haven't got a chance to see many tetra or rasbora species for myself. I do like the color of cherry barbs though, so I might try those out once I get my tank stock level down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Harlequin rasboras are far and away my favorite. They're small and beautiful, showing off varying shimmers of light and deep orange and silver, depending on how the light hits certain areas of their bodies. They school, shoal, go off on their own and in pairs, and nap spread out all over the tank. Whatever they're doing, if something startles them they form into a tight group. Their fins turn deep orange when fed live baby brine shrimp or even freeze dried brine shrimp. They have cool black streaks on the edges of their anal fins and tips of their dorsal fins. Watching their dorsal fins go up and down and change color is fascinating, as they're so expressive with them. The juveniles are adorable and love to play in the bubbles, filter flow, and lower in the tank around the decor and plants, while the adults are mostly just concerned with propagating the species! 💗

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, James Black said:

all out of reactions for today, but those are really gourgoues angels

Aren't they though? I'm imagining one of those angels in with my rasboras - the color coordination would be awesome! Someone posted a blue dwarf gourami and its "gang" of similarly colored smaller fish and that got me really thinking about how great that looks. I have room in my aquarium for an angel, too.