Show off your pipsqueaks!

These are some little pit bull oto/plecos I got in from Dan today. They're about an inch long. I have them in the dark to help them adjust. When they came in they had their stress coloration, which for anyone in the service would be a light "sand camo". Usually as they settle they start to darken up like the one in the foreground who's gone with an "urban" or "night" camo. Everyone seems to be coloring up well except for that little runt of the litter on the left. I'm going to have to watch him. As they settle in they're like otos, who try to match themselves to whatever your dominant tank colors are. So they should start trying to match my substrate... except for two siblings that found the back end of my terra-cotta pleco cave. We're going to call their current pattern: "Wow, you guys really suck at this" orange.

IMG_0087[1].JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 11/15/2022 at 2:31 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@nabokovfan87 - time to join this thread! 😊

But they didn't want to come out and play today!

The "one tank" so to speak just got it's WC so I can take photos of the little fish.  The "other tank" has the moss / fry box and all that and I checked on them today.  They are..... ok  I feel like what I see doesn't quite come across on video until they get slightly bigger.  I always freak out looking and then they don't move quite right... Then they do.  I don't know how people do this for a living without microscope eyes. 😂

But.... I woke up with a bad neck / headache and couldn't move so I didn't do much today.  Maybe tonight/tomorrow I'll grab a video or photos so people can see.  Excited to, just not quite ready for it yet.  😁

On 10/27/2022 at 11:03 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

237A316C-74B3-4763-9DB6-FFBA4798C38A.jpeg

Very nice pleco.  I like the patterning on the fin!

On 11/16/2022 at 4:06 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

But they didn't want to come out and play today!

The "one tank" so to speak just got it's WC so I can take photos of the little fish.  The "other tank" has the moss / fry box and all that and I checked on them today.  They are..... ok  I feel like what I see doesn't quite come across on video until they get slightly bigger.  I always freak out looking and then they don't move quite right... Then they do.  I don't know how people do this for a living without microscope eyes. 😂

But.... I woke up with a bad neck / headache and couldn't move so I didn't do much today.  Maybe tonight/tomorrow I'll grab a video or photos so people can see.  Excited to, just not quite ready for it yet.  😁

Very nice pleco.  I like the patterning on the fin!

Thanks! I did a normal x Gold pleco cross, and this is the result.

• Like 2

This is my Lionhead Ranchu, Pip.. bought him in July and he just has not grown as much as his brothers. About 2-2.5”. He is so cute but incredibly dumb 😂

1st place in trying to swim up the python intake

1st place in darting for food only to completely miss

1st place for adorable personality

Note on pic: He was in the big boy tank while I cleaned the little tykes tank.. that isn’t where he lives.😇 He would be even smaller if he had to compete with my big boys for food 😂

F03CA436-493C-4D14-A5DA-A8C29A865A08.jpeg

Edited by EVoyager31
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, EVoyager31 said:

This is my Lionhead Ranchu, Pip.. bought him in July and he just has not grown as much as his brothers. About 2-2.5”. He is so cute but incredibly dumb 😂

1st place in trying to swim up the python intake

1st place in darting for food only to completely miss

1st place for adorable personality

Note on pic: He was in the big boy tank while I cleaned the little tykes tank.. that isn’t where he lives.😇 He would be even smaller if he had to compete with my big boys for food 😂

F03CA436-493C-4D14-A5DA-A8C29A865A08.jpeg

I’m definitely no goldfish person but I gotta admit that is adorable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is such a cute thread! Both in idea and pipsqueak-ity!

Pipsqueak flavor of the week on my end are some Panda and Black Cory babes getting moved out to their growout tank.

(And also a ridiculous amount of flakes so hopefully they can get some before the guppies steal it all...)

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1