Show off your pipsqueaks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my first LDA 25 (Parotocinclus Jumbo) wigglers! Pic is below. Their parents are back on page 3 of this thread. For size comparison, that line you see on the right of the pic is one of the plastic dividers in a marina breeder box hanging off my tank. So they're about a quarter inch long. Just hatched last night. Parents' first ever spawn, kind of surprised they were successful.

IMG_0666.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I had a set up for spixi snail eggs and saw what I thought was a bug. It's a fry from my strawberry rasbora tank!!! Maybe there was an egg that was on the susswassertang. Anyways, it's so small that some days I couldn't find it. I just add little bits of Bacter AE and vinegar eels and hope for the best! It's been 2 weeks and I saw him or her 2 days ago, looking more fish like, but still unbelievably small. Hoping to keep it alive and add it to the main tank when it's big enough! Poor quality picture, but I was excited to capture it at all!

20230427_181220.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 4/28/2023 at 3:18 AM, smm333 said:

I had a set up for spixi snail eggs and saw what I thought was a bug. It's a fry from my strawberry rasbora tank!!! Maybe there was an egg that was on the susswassertang. Anyways, it's so small that some days I couldn't find it. I just add little bits of Bacter AE and vinegar eels and hope for the best! It's been 2 weeks and I saw him or her 2 days ago, looking more fish like, but still unbelievably small. Hoping to keep it alive and add it to the main tank when it's big enough! Poor quality picture, but I was excited to capture it at all!

20230427_181220.jpg

Congrats! Maybe you could put some spawning mops in the main tank just in case....😄

On 4/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Congrats! Maybe you could put some spawning mops in the main tank just in case....😄

I have lots of snails in the tank so I thought eggs would be eaten before I could see them. I might try though. I am crazy about them! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...