Moved all the Pygmy and bandit corydora to the 40 with mom n dad. They are loving the extra space. Everyone is out zipping about. Still a touch nervous since I just moved them an hour ago. 

Set the Pygmy/bandit 20l up for apistogramma and piano snails. 

Busy day. Now water changes. 

• Like 4

On 3/30/2023 at 1:49 PM, Lennie said:

Your shrimp are going craaazie. I bet so many babies coming soon

Everytime I netted a Cory I got a bunch of shrimp. So yeah it’s crazy. After I finished I netted about 50 and stuck them in the shrimp tank. Obviously there are still to many in the big tank 😝

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:42 PM, Lennie said:

Very cool looking snails! 

If they ever climb to glass can you take a pic of their face too? I wonder what they look like!

In my signature go to the beginning of the piano snail thread. Lots of face pics. Adorable. Their snoot is the longest snail snoot I have ever seen. Almost like an anteater 

• Love 2

So my Apistogramma caucatoides triple red trio went in their tank yesterday when I got home from the club meeting. The big boy never met the two girls. One girl is still small. 
LOOK what is happening today 🤩. The biggest girl already picked a cave and she is displaying full breeding colors and breeding stance to the boy. 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2023 at 1:20 AM, Guppysnail said:

So my Apistogramma caucatoides triple red trio went in their tank yesterday when I got home from the club meeting. The big boy never met the two girls. One girl is still small. 
LOOK what is happening today 🤩. The biggest girl already picked a cave and she is displaying full breeding colors and breeding stance to the boy. 

I keep on getting that from my female too! Are you sure that she’s not A. Agassizii? 
Marie-Antoinette

image.jpeg.2bde8a5102e3f2da5c09201da368697b.jpeg

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
  • Like 2

My boys front dorsal spikes and spot under it are blazing yellow today instead of yesterday’s orange. The girl is still yellow. She is making him work for it. He needs to break out the salsa dance moves 🤣

And because pandas are adorable 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 3/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I do my best to conceal the fact that I'm using the meat thermometer for the fish tanks...

I was designated a digital meat thermometer of my own… specifically marked for fish use only! 😆 They are awfully convenient though. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 4/3/2023 at 11:24 AM, Guppysnail said:

My boys front dorsal spikes and spot under it are blazing yellow today instead of yesterday’s orange. The girl is still yellow. She is making him work for it. He needs to break out the salsa dance moves 🤣

They're so fun to watch aren't they? 😄  

I'd say those look close to spawning.  At least in my limited experience.  Once the female starts tail whapping him back it's usually about to go do. 😄

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 4:03 PM, jwcarlson said:

They're so fun to watch aren't they? 😄  

I'd say those look close to spawning.  At least in my limited experience.  Once the female starts tail whapping him back it's usually about to go do. 😄

Well I thought they did yesterday morning. Both in the cave then he positioned himself across the opening and rolled on his side. Looked like he was fertilizing from the opening. She chased him away and was in the cave all day. She would come out if either the boy or other girl came in what I’m guessing she marked as her entire territory. 
The boy returned to normal dorsal color for awhile. Then by the end of the day his dorsal crown was blazing yellow again and he was salsa dancing for the other girl. 
Today the first girl is venturing from the cave but no one is allowed in that corner at all. When I come near the tank she darts back in the cave. 

She had a nice fat belly that looks flat now. 
🤷‍♀️

EF5D9A15-C691-45FF-933E-29EA562071D2.png

• Like 1

This one pair of mine was doing so good, progress with each batch for 4 or 5 spawns and now the wheels seem to have completely come off.  She's acting like she's trying to get him to spawn again today.  I am going to pull the cave and look. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, jwcarlson said:

This one pair of mine was doing so good, progress with each batch for 4 or 5 spawns and now the wheels seem to have completely come off.  She's acting like she's trying to get him to spawn again today.  I am going to pull the cave and look. 

I know me and if these kids don’t get their act together soon and babies start popping out of the cave (I have had them for 6 days now 🤪) I’m going to be tempted to pick up

the cave. I’ve already tried a flashlight. I don’t want to spook her on her first batch if she has eggs but im dying to jam my endoscope in there 🤣

• Haha 3