I have about 10 plus 2 clumps of eggs still that are fertile. The panda eggs are gone so I’m hoping the fry are in there also but they would be just hatched and to small to see. Jumpy video my cat was helping me film 🤣

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 3

Happy Holidays everyone hope you all had a wonderful holiday @GuppysnailCongratulations on all the babies  hopefully you will have better luck this time   you are making me want to re-try Rams again if i re-try them i will be sure to get more then a few maybe 6-8 in a school..  i am not trying to buy new fish at the moment for my main tank  i have  only a small few handful of fish  left but they are very old fish when they are gone  I want to only keep my cories , snails and bristolnose  and get one other kind of  fish I been trying to figure out 1 kind   fish  for that tank for the top and middle level i was thinking of   fortail blue eye rainbowfish /furcata rainbow but might change my mind and get the rams instead they are beautiful fish too 

My  new baby snails i put in 5 in the tank and only 4 made it  1 was so small and tiny they are moving around and eating and clinging on the glass and guppy grass all are the white and purple   none is white or gold  like my older snails  they are starting to grew a bit  but still real tiny 

My white snail that was grieving died  I found him ,,, he was outside of his shell  i hated that he died but he was not happy  hopefully he is having a good time in snail heaven with his mate again  now i only have 1 original snail left my Gold one  Goldie  he /she and along my bristolnose Barney still thinks they are king/queen  of the tank   Goldie gets along with the magenta ones very well they allow him to be boss 

i will be trying cabbage 🥬  this week  in the tank

for the new year day dinner  I am making cabbage rolls   my ex  hubby family always fix cabbage for New Years for luck they always said i guess i am continue the tradition 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Lowells Fish Lab watched your video on raising German blue rams. Great job. In the video you mentioned a special smaller live brine shrimp. Could you spell that and possibly share where I can get it. My group spawns constantly and I’ve gotten them to hatch with no issues but this is the first batch I’m raising in a tank vs in a small container. I’m unsuccessful at the small container method with any fish. 
Thanks and keep up the great videos!  

• Like 2

Wanted to share this. It’s what I attribute my fry success to. The amazing world of microfauna. I know many folks would see this stuff and worry so set your mind at ease. It’s a living ecosystem and very healthy. The ugly fry tank 😁

tons of critters some rhabdocoella, detritus worms, seed shrimp, copepods, hydra and all manner of wonderful living things. This was the piano snail tank now turned ugly fry tank. If you read my journal you have seen the many hitchhiker eggs develop into wonderful fish including tiny CPD eggs which live as wigglers smaller than an eyelash on the tank floor for a week or more. 
The largest Aspidora fry will be big enough to start feasting on the visible life in a few days. There are tons of live things in there they eat that are not visible.

• Like 5

Thought I would share my nasty water. This hold 1.5 gallons. It’s an ultrasonic humidifier for Froggin. I usually use 1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap that goes through my softener and several filters. I bypass the softeners and filters for aquariums. I forget to flip the bypass back. So 1/2 distilled 1/2 unsoftened unfiltered water. It reduces to this nastiness. 🤢 why we don’t drink our water. 

293E9759-9292-4BF6-A53F-4B19B74FE4BB.jpeg

43941AB8-5A7C-4704-AE92-A438214EB104.jpeg

• Sad 3

On 12/28/2022 at 10:11 PM, Guppysnail said:

Thought I would share my nasty water. This hold 1.5 gallons. It’s an ultrasonic humidifier for Froggin. I usually use 1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap that goes through my softener and several filters. I bypass the softeners and filters for aquariums. I forget to flip the bypass back. So 1/2 distilled 1/2 unsoftened unfiltered water. It reduces to this nastiness. 🤢 why we don’t drink our water. 

293E9759-9292-4BF6-A53F-4B19B74FE4BB.jpeg

43941AB8-5A7C-4704-AE92-A438214EB104.jpeg

Ahhh it just strengthens your immune system. 😜

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

We have a slightly sad day here. I have been moving away from guppies. And the surprise Xmas fry were adorable but not wanted. 
I have thought of rehoming all the guppies many times but being so proud of such a beautiful hardy line I have babied for years I could not part with them. 
Just being a proud owner of beautiful guppies is not the best reason to keep them. I don’t watch them anymore other than to feed them. 
I made the choice to give @Purple Guppyfrom my fish club every last guppy. She is really into guppies right now so is delighted with them. 
My only remaining guppy is Ike the two year old stunted growth boy. He is absolutely delighted to have a tank to himself and his shrimp and snail friends. 
Im sad but relieved to have the work off my plate and room to move things about and a tank to pair up my honey gourami girl and give a go at breeding those. 
Should I miss them to much I know where to get babies from that line again. 
Guppysnail is now guppy-less. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

On 12/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, Guppysnail said:

We have a slightly sad day here. I have been moving away from guppies. And the surprise Xmas fry were adorable but not wanted. 
I have thought of rehoming all the guppies many times but being so proud of such a beautiful hardy line I have babied for years I could not part with them. 
Just being a proud owner of beautiful guppies is not the best reason to keep them. I don’t watch them anymore other than to feed them. 
I made the choice to give @Purple Guppyfrom my fish club every last guppy. She is really into guppies right now so is delighted with them. 
My only remaining guppy is Ike the two year old stunted growth boy. He is absolutely delighted to have a tank to himself and his shrimp and snail friends. 
Im sad but relieved to have the work off my plate and room to move things about and a tank to pair up my honey gourami girl and give a go at breeding those. 
Should I miss them to much I know where to get babies from that line again. 
Guppysnail is now guppy-less. 

It is a good decision for their sake. I went through something similar. And guppysnail is technically not guppy-less because you have Ike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:17 AM, Guppysnail said:

@Lowells Fish Lab you mentioned a special smaller live brine shrimp. Could you spell that and possibly share where I can get it. 

Look for "San Francisco Strain Brine Shrimp." I have bought them from brine shrimp direct. Nowhere close to the hatch rate I'm used to from the coop brine shrimp but their small size is handy. Great thing to have in the fridge when needed.

• Thanks 1