The anubias flowers grow so slow it will not reach the surface in time. My understanding or at least in my tanks the flower that come out submerged is the corn cob looking center with the pod open as the petal. I know they cannot be fertilized submerged but can be pollinated manually from another plant when flowers are emerged. I would be curious to see what happens if you expose it to air. 

• 4 weeks later...

@DaveO, I left that as an Easter egg! It is a piece of limestone reef that my dad dug up from the woods. He had to call a neighbor with a landscaping business to pull it out of the ground with a small backhoe, and drag it into the yard.

The Lake Champlain basin is part of the oldest reef system in the world.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@eatyourpeas, thank you!

I would enjoy doing marine again. I lost my last marine tank to Tropical Storm Irene. I tried to give the tank away after the flood, but it is now my 16 bow.

PS, I tried to pull some algae from one of my small shrimp tanks, and caught a shrimp by accident. I tried pouring out the algae vase twice, and we have this:

1AC32669-5BCF-4446-868D-B3AEE6521E5E.jpeg.2b6aed4c078e357c3b2099f5c352eaea.jpeg

I had to pour everything into a bucket, and now I wait for my next chance to catch this rogue shrimp!

Edit: mission complete!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...