Favorite Breakfast

FlyingFishKeeper

Absolute fave is potatoes with franks, onions and jalapenos. 2 over easy's on top of it and I'm good! Super filling and delicious. Gotta have that runny yolk so it pours over the potatoes on the bottom. YUM.

M.jpg

Edited by HenryC
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

On most days I'll have yogurt, skyr, or quark with some sliced fruit and granola. And a good, strong coffee. Can't skip the coffee.

When I really crave a treat I go for French Toast. Thick-cut, brioche-based french toast, with a little bit of honey and orange zest.

When I want something protein-rich, nothing beats a good and cheesy omelet with bacon and onions!

• Like 2

@Ken, a friend of mine made me a full English breakfast, and I learned that the baked beans are different. Here is a quote I found:

"American-style baked beans are cooked with pork (bacon) molasses and brown sugar and the sauce is much sweeter and thick. These British-style beans are without meat, with a thinner tomato sauce with carrots, celery and Worcestershire sauce."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, Streetwise said:

@Ken, a friend of mine made me a full English breakfast, and I learned that the baked beans are different. Here is a quote I found:

"American-style baked beans are cooked with pork (bacon) molasses and brown sugar and the sauce is much sweeter and thick. These British-style beans are without meat, with a thinner tomato sauce with carrots, celery and Worcestershire sauce."

Well I'm not sure how accurate that is when it comes to baked beans they are from a tin  normally labelled Heinz. They are suitable for vegetarians.  Strange how different a simple thing can be.

A good full English is certainly a treat it's worth mentioning that we take sausages very seriously here and there are lots of traditional and regional ones. 

I keep breakfast simple just toast or porridge most days. 

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 5:01 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Well I'm not sure how accurate that is when it comes to baked beans they are from a tin  normally labelled Heinz. They are suitable for vegetarians.  Strange how different a simple thing can be.

A good full English is certainly a treat it's worth mentioning that we take sausages very seriously here and there are lots of traditional and regional ones. 

I keep breakfast simple just toast or porridge most days. 

I'm not English, but when I was growing up we raised and butchered our own hogs, and making sausage was part of the process, so I take it seriously too.  The contents should be pork, salt, and pepper, period, though garlic is okay.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, Manny said:

nothing beats an espresso and a cannoli. 

This is the only answer that resembles mine. 

No kidding, I just chug some water, pop in a big mouthful of dark chocolate, rinse if off my fingers carefully, and go enjoy feeding my fish before my kid starts yodeling. 

In a perfect world, bacon would be involved. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I feed my fish for breakfast is earthworm and brine shrimp and some frozen bloodworms.  I garnish with seaweed fresh from the lake. I never thought of cooking them a fancy breakfast.  I will have to ask my fish if they like your suggestions for breakfast. 

Edited by KittenFishMom
  • Haha 2