Favorite Breakfast

FlyingFishKeeper

Usually have whole grain oats with blueberries. And coffee of course. Supposed to be healthy but I honestly just tolerate it rather than like it. I need to add some variety though it's getting boring but I'm not a morning person so I don't like a ton of prep involved.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, sudofish said:

Usually have whole grain oats with blueberries. And coffee of course. Supposed to be healthy but I honestly just tolerate it rather than like it. I need to add some variety though it's getting boring but I'm not a morning person so I don't like a ton of prep involved.

Try adding some chopped walnuts and a touch of cinnamon and allspice.

• Like 1

My favorite breakfast is croissant/pecan pastry, cottage cheese, and tea,  but the one I actually eat is banana, hard-boiled eggs, bread and coffee... and I have to share it with fish and other pets... at least the coffee is all mine...yeah, life is hard :)

//now I want some scrambled eggs too, and maybe a toast as well, thank you, @FlyingFishKeeper 😁

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:13 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Cereal. Any kind from healthy to seriously unhealthy (and who am I kidding I eat it any time I feel like it)....and it's Count Chocula season!!!!!!

Resized_20201012_202508.jpg

Resized_20190925_223146(1).jpg

I am ashamed to admit…I eat cereal by the box…not the bowl.  I do t smoke , drink or so drugs but I am addicted to cereal🥺

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Though I make the best Belgian waffles known to mankind (check the record, it's true); my favorite breakfast is good eggs benedict.  Emphasis on the "good" part!  It's really all about the hollandaise sauce.  Fresh made, lemony sauce that has not broken is one of the world's great gastronomic achievements.   Sadly, most hollandaise I get is greasy, broken, bland, and completely forgettable.  But hollandaise...  Ah, good hollandaise is lovely! 

• Like 4

I may have posted about this before, but there's a convenience store I stop at every morning on the way to work (Hi-Ho, on the corner of Highway 6 and 105).  They serve burritos on homemade tortillas, and always have a big selection of stuff to put in them.  They are routinely so busy that they always have at least 3 people working behind the counter making them.  One of my favorites is to start with beans, add some beef fajita, then some of their egg, potato, tomato, and pepper mix, and top it off with some green salsa.  Sometimes I'll substitute barbacoa or their red pork (no idea what other name it might have, but it's chunks of pork in a spicy red sauce) for the beef fajita.  They're about 7" long and as big around as my wrist.  If you see anyone ordering two he's either getting one for breakfast and one for lunch, or he's never been there before.

One restaurant breakfast that stands out was a few years ago when we were visiting my wife's sister on Davis Island in Florida.  There's an Irish pub a few blocks from her house that opens early, and they have eggs Benedict, with a crab cake substituted for the ham.  Good stuff.

• Like 4