Atitagain Fish Room

Atitagain

On 12/30/2021 at 2:19 PM, Atitagain said:

@Jawjagrrl Fish obviously love ACO videos why wouldn’t they? 😁 But I have taken the tv out of my fishroom. It very rarely got used, I find focusing on videos difficult when working in there. I always have to rewatch or I just ignore anyway. And if I try to watch a video in there when there’s nothing to do I still ignore and watch fish the whole time.

We have two nano tanks in the kitchen and a 3rd in the den next to the Man Chair. I want to set up my pair of 55s along the wall behind the couch so I can enjoy them when we spend evenings there. I do find my attention wanders to the little tank even now (I'm sneaking into the kitchen to look at shrimp babies today!), but the relaxation factor of the big tanks in our favorite room holds a lot of appeal. Your setups look great! 

Edited by Jawjagrrl
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jawjagrrl said:

We have two nano tanks in the kitchen and a 3rd in the den next to the Man Chair. I want to set up my pair of 55s along the wall behind the couch so I can enjoy them when we spend evenings there. I do find my attention wanders to the little tank even now (I'm sneaking into the kitchen to look at shrimp babies today!), but the relaxation factor of the big tanks in our favorite room holds a lot of appeal. Your setups look great! 

TY - having a dedicated fishroom has advantages but that is one thing I miss a lot. My set up used to be in our main family area where we spent most of our free time. Now I have to dedicate time to be in another room. Not complaining just sayin, wife will not allow any kind of tank out of the room.

”I'm sneaking into the kitchen to look at shrimp babies today!”… 😂🤣😂🤣 I know the feeling sometimes my wife will holler out “ where are you?” To me it’s a silly question because she already knows.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, Atitagain said:

TY - having a dedicated fishroom has advantages but that is one thing I miss a lot. My set up used to be in our main family area where we spent most of our free time. Now I have to dedicate time to be in another room. Not complaining just sayin, wife will not allow any kind of tank out of the room.

”I'm sneaking into the kitchen to look at shrimp babies today!”… 😂🤣😂🤣 I know the feeling sometimes my wife will holler out “ where are you?” To me it’s a silly question because she already knows.

My husband never had fish before, so I knew I needed to give him a good introduction and hope he would find it at least partly as enjoyable as I do. I take care of "his" tank and he enjoys it close by - and is a lot more receptive to 110 gallons more water in the room now 😉 I do think about setups in our unfinished basement area sometimes, but I'm being realistic about not doing as good a job on maintenance if the tanks were down there. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 8:02 AM, Atitagain said:

Knowing this would be a limited market and shipping would be a big issue to do in large scale, I can off set by ideas I have for wooden ornaments and smaller specialty pieces. I feel as risk would be low because it would be extra business for an already thriving shop at minimum. Investment would be building a few show pieces that I am gonna do anyway.

Thanks to the pandemic, there is also a thriving business in the blueprints and "how to" videos.

Just something to think about, you can sell your blueprints to stores that are interested for a wholesale price, and decide if you want to sell to individuals at a retail price. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:36 AM, Torrey said:

Thanks to the pandemic, there is also a thriving business in the blueprints and "how to" videos.

Just something to think about, you can sell your blueprints to stores that are interested for a wholesale price, and decide if you want to sell to individuals at a retail price. 

Yes, excellent idea!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been having episodes of vertigo over the last week. At first I thought it was my glasses needed a new prescription. Then thought had an inner ear infection so was gonna make an appointment with doctor. Then on Saturday the vertigo put me to my knees and came with a massive headache. My wife made me go to hospital and over the week I’ve had 4-6 strokes in the cerebellum portion of my brain. I have residual vertigo symptoms that won’t let me feel balanced. Not constantly but plenty I feel the nausea and the need to control my balance. Occupational therapy starts tomorrow, 3-4 new meds, and a trip to my primary care provider gets my rehab in motion. No driving, operating equipment, or using power tools for 4-6weeks (maybe longer depending on my recovery)

I was at two different hospitals and both had such wonderful doctors, nurses, assistants, I don’t remember all their titles but the entire staff were full of wonderful people. I feel so lucky and appreciate everything they did for me. And to anyone in the medical field thank you for being there.

I have a few new projects going in my fishroom and was worried I would come home to some losses. But as far as I can tell (I spent about an hour in there tonight) everything is healthy and even better than I expected on a couple things.😁

be well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:15 PM, Atitagain said:

I’ve been having episodes of vertigo over the last week. At first I thought it was my glasses needed a new prescription. Then thought had an inner ear infection so was gonna make an appointment with doctor. Then on Saturday the vertigo put me to my knees and came with a massive headache. My wife made me go to hospital and over the week I’ve had 4-6 strokes in the cerebellum portion of my brain. I have residual vertigo symptoms that won’t let me feel balanced. Not constantly but plenty I feel the nausea and the need to control my balance. Occupational therapy starts tomorrow, 3-4 new meds, and a trip to my primary care provider gets my rehab in motion. No driving, operating equipment, or using power tools for 4-6weeks (maybe longer depending on my recovery)

I was at two different hospitals and both had such wonderful doctors, nurses, assistants, I don’t remember all their titles but the entire staff were full of wonderful people. I feel so lucky and appreciate everything they did for me. And to anyone in the medical field thank you for being there.

I have a few new projects going in my fishroom and was worried I would come home to some losses. But as far as I can tell (I spent about an hour in there tonight) everything is healthy and even better than I expected on a couple things.😁

be well

If you want a fellow TIA survivor to swap notes (and gripes), and successes with, let me know. I'm glad you had no losses when you came home, and I am thrilled to hear you got such excellent treatment in the middle of this pandemic. That speaks volumes.

I'm glad your wife insisted on going to the ER, and I am really glad you are still here. I am sure PT will help you make a full recovery. 🐟🐟🐟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Resetting the plant grow out tank.

I’ve had my plant grow out tank in a 29G and it’s always too crowded and in a weird spot in my fishroom. It was hard to reach the right  side of the tank especially the back. I’ve had spill over in a 55G which was kinda already set up as a PGOut. I’m gonna reconfigure the weird corner to be more accessible. So the 55G has cherry shrimp60-80-ish, a few 4-5 mystery snails, and two bristlenose plecos. I will add the guppies from the original PGOut, there’s probably 6-ish from babies to mom and dad. Will do a good count when I move them.

I have a few cichlid rocks (using as planters) with soil and planting single stem plant. Then I have 9 easy planters from aquarium coop and I’m inserting a peat seedling container filled with soil and a piece of plastic canvas at bottom to prevent bust outs but roots can still get through. Then I plant rooted plants and multiple stem plants in them.2246BAD2-FDA3-4ADA-8F58-5EF46B9D7366.jpeg.dcf7e26bc49cb8c0111e43ce8df246a1.jpeg

2321BBD5-E5FB-4C7E-AEB4-46DE8A0E7EB5.jpeg.056945a4a36d412a98babeb0b0390b84.jpeg

46582559-6AA1-4248-9B95-0F8A92B64264.jpeg.cb062505b05c615b7a5baaaf9386f0e4.jpeg

C22A868F-DA69-4ECE-A812-C1E2DD5FD91A.jpeg.3c8cb8d0a2adf1e70281ec724814bf0d.jpeg

E822316A-85FE-485B-B62A-7794AC426763.jpeg.8a130789d6f365f549596bbcdb6f20fd.jpeg

001168E9-C22A-4450-8B2B-8BE18054E24E.jpeg.46ec33a6fc3ff60264c83bcd0c9fb864.jpeg

I’m also gonna redirect some of the water flow so I can grow duck weed on the left top. I have koi and African cichlids that will eat it and an Oscar who doesn’t so I use it plenty.

• Like 5

On 1/10/2022 at 9:15 PM, Atitagain said:

be well

Oh no. I’m glad you are ok, well not ok but I hope you know what I mean. I’m glad your tanks did well during this. Shows you keep them very healthy. 

I love the new planter idea. Very creative. 

Your cabinetry idea is wonderful. When I seen your intro video I was wishing places made stuff like that. 

• Thanks 1

THE WEIRD CORNER

This is a corner of a closet and was used for storage, that worked fine. Then I put a tank there with the thought of “it’s a plant grow out tank, I can deal with the blocked portion.” Hahaha immediately it was obvious what a terrible idea it was, I couldn’t reach the back corner and it was impossible to see plants well at that end of the tank.100ADD7E-C7DE-4F22-B4FC-B73595DD1A01.jpeg.fb60996e0c8d0b00f65fbe09c8e4c707.jpeg

AD9A4942-5080-44A4-AC1C-F426441AEAF4.jpeg.6a3f5e722e098f308f2747d9f45bca1f.jpeg

you can see half the tank was covered. 🥴

well I’ve come up with a solution, the 29G PGOut tank was moved. Shelves added to create a quarantine area. The spacing isn’t great only 5” between tanks but in the area it was what I had to work with. And I wanted the bottom shelf to be able to hold a 20G if needed. The two top shelves are spaced for 10Gs.CB9DA0B5-8FED-4D48-8316-B29399658356.jpeg.ced28ad4962c6628cdedc8d04a62c3ce.jpeg

I found a power strip that has lights built into it and plenty of outlets and a couple USB ports. This will be plenty of light for QTs and I won’t need a timer because I will not be growing plants in here and if I need to add something like moss or guppy grass I can hang a light with a timer no worries.4A09A2A4-7CE4-4EC9-9A3E-238A8D22CF41.jpeg.dbf3e1420a1e5045e9b7b982a283e0f3.jpeg

got airlines all hooked up I cut the back corners of the shelves so all airlines and power cords could be run from behind.3557806B-13C1-47ED-8A14-DA3292715A13.jpeg.cb77fec8d862e936a5d45141aab0467d.jpeg

B3577240-E030-4432-B205-6E8F6BE30581.jpeg.f7cb05e213762f724bb8289211f932ad.jpeg

Still need to run heaters, cut lids, thermometers, add filters, add water, maybe a lil substrate, small decorations, snails, and maybe a fish or two to keep them cycled.😬😬😬ohhhh my MTS is crazy I just added two more tanks. Ok scratch all that just adding heaters and only running them when needed. (🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 yea right!!!)

Just a guy keeping my mind busy.

• Like 2

Firstly @Atitagainim so sorry about the tias and stroke symptoms. We can only hope over the next 12-52 weeks you’ll get some of what you lost back. The meds work for prevention. 

The plant growout is great and I may have to steal this method! 

Those new shelving and tank system is excellent use of the space. 5-7” is what most people shoot for between tanks on a rack so you’re in bounds. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Atitagain said:

😬😬😬ohhhh my MTS is crazy I just added two more tanks. Ok scratch all that just adding heaters and only running them when needed. (🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 yea right!!!)

😆 You’re the master of tank Tetris! 

Those closet tanks are a good idea for folks who have limited space!

• Like 1

CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET 

Continuing with the weird corner, ive made everything fit a lil better. Got my mini refrigerator/ freezer into the closet but in doing so I lost the bottom shelf on the right. For now I’ll take it, maybe I’ll figure out a long term storage option. Or the middle tank and shelf can be removed and a 20G droped in that would only be accessible from the top.

Before91C9812B-3F20-4941-98E0-0E3B12A16969.jpeg.ff2e09ffdbfb64e3393db6d67f302b6d.jpeg

AfterB4C02832-3758-4188-8FC5-F37BC580F26B.jpeg.2dcd1e6080b9b722984d1818a8682e94.jpeg

i created a workspace on top of the ref and hid cords, power strips, and airlines behind my ACO towel curtains.6C3E5564-555A-40E2-83FB-BABB498A8A42.jpeg.b54b9e1102c8e3e5153efe1b3a8585db.jpeg

Then when there opened up I have storage for pencils and clothes pins and more. My baby brine shrimp hatchery fits nice and I’ve got a container for storage of turkeys basters, pipetts , and such.82C269C1-D263-4E48-81B4-F99DF993BAA5.jpeg.0af65117c1bcabb91430dbe4b1642a44.jpeg

03EDAB26-BF01-48E3-8121-F6158A2A7548.jpeg.81e6620246fde2d1028b7f16ac7d5dc9.jpeg

The workspace top is made of plywood covered in a rubbery mesh material. Bought as a under rug non slip mat. We didn’t end up using it for that. The curtain covering the power strip is made from same material.56C3A4D3-4E6A-4716-9415-3F7CD255500F.jpeg.5d153815a0f587689e62fd0bb8312a3c.jpeg

Just a guy keeping my mind busy.

• Like 5

Glad to find out that I am not the only one who uses those rubber anti skid mats for anything *other* than what they were intended for 🤣

When I crocheted the shoes for the babies & toddlers, I would sew that mat onto the bottom to be non skid, but still soft and flexible for developing feet.

Turns out they work great for adult slippers, too😁

Like the new workspace!

I found out some of my dizzy stuff is from my February stroke, and some dizzy is because covid left me with POTS, and me seeing in triplicate is because I have an astigmatism that wasn't caught🤷‍♂️

World looks completely different tonight. 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:40 PM, Torrey said:

Glad to find out that I am not the only one who uses those rubber anti skid mats for anything *other* than what they were intended for 🤣

When I crocheted the shoes for the babies & toddlers, I would sew that mat onto the bottom to be non skid, but still soft and flexible for developing feet.

Turns out they work great for adult slippers, too😁

Like the new workspace!

I found out some of my dizzy stuff is from my February stroke, and some dizzy is because covid left me with POTS, and me seeing in triplicate is because I have an astigmatism that wasn't caught🤷‍♂️

World looks completely different tonight. 

I figure although it won’t be waterproof it will work good enough to protect the plywood for short term and both plywood and matting would be easily replaceable. If laid out right the matting almost interlocks and I’ve double layered  everything. I’m  already planning using in more places.

The dizziness has all passed for me I hope, Dr. , says only worried about preventing future events. I hope you are feeling better and get through the dizziness it can be such a horrible feeling.

• Like 1

This is absolutely amazing. You are a true fishroom master architect!  I wish I had a tenth of your skills. Those rubber matholders come in handy for everything except holding rugs in place. I find they actually don’t work great for what they are actually supposed to do. Gorgeous Puppies. Somehow I woke up with only three reactions to my name but 😍😍😍😍

I do hope you are feeling ok and not pushing yourself too hard. If you don’t take care of yourself you won’t be able to care for your beautiful wet pets.  

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, Guppysnail said:

Those rubber matholders come in handy for everything except holding rugs in place. I find they actually don’t work great for what they are actually supposed to do

Yes true, and it gave our puppy at the time something else to chew up. 😊 

• Love 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:55 AM, Atitagain said:

The dizziness has all passed for me I hope, Dr. , says only worried about preventing future events. I hope you are feeling better and get through the dizziness it can be such a horrible feeling.

I grew up with Meniere's, so I have had decades of thinking dizzy spells were normal. The POTS may be a permanent addition, nobody knows yet.

I'm hoping neither one of us has any more strokes! Mine were probably caused by small vessel damage, courtesy of covid (POTS is also courtesy of covid😏), and my d-dimer levels are back to normal so 🤞 hopefully no more strokes.

• Love 2

On 1/15/2022 at 10:09 PM, Torrey said:

The POTS may be a permanent addition, nobody knows yet.

Oh hey, a POTS buddy! 😄 At least the medical community is starting to figure out what POTS is. A few years ago it was still taking people years to get diagnosed. 

If you want to trade tips or gripes, my DM is always open. Mine’s probably from my craniocervical instability and/or connective tissue disorder, but I have the POTS symptoms fairly well controlled at this point.

@Atitagain the new closet setup looks great! 🤩

• Thanks 1