What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Im sure its much different then anyone listens to as thats the vibe i usually get but my favorite band for the past few years has been sleep token. The vocals and lore of this band makes it more then just music if you truly get into it and i always recommend them to people who are open minded with music  

• Like 3

On 2/28/2024 at 9:10 AM, lefty o said:

I love Tracy Chapman!  I grew up in the 70's and I'm admittedly biased against electronic music.  I like real musical instruments, particularly partial to singer/songwriters.  I feel this way and nothing, no one can change my mind.  It's similar to do you like real food or food with a lot of artificial ingredients?!!!   🥰  "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it."

• Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, lefty o said:

I'm not a huge country music fan, but these Toby Keith (may he rest in peace) videos prove that they could not be improved with a bunch of electronic stuff added in.  My 2 cents worth!  I do like some older country artist.  Can you imagine Merle Haggard or George Jones songs being improved on?  No way!

• Like 2

We are completely eclectic. I say we because it's my 8 yr old daughter and me that chooses. mamas outta luck. She's on dance team so lots of showtunes, imagine dragons, Sigrid Raab. been teaching her oldies. all this from someone who was 100% country before kids🤣

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 6:35 PM, Tony s said:

We are completely eclectic

Tony, I always enjoy your input.  I may have gotten carried away on my rant about electronic music.  I have definitely enjoyed some music with electronic input.  I'm eclectic in my taste, as well.  Plus we grow, experiment and change our tastes over time. 

I've listened to some songs I used to love, but 30 years later they did not withstand the test of time.  But the truly great stuff will last forever.  I've gone through phases in my life.  I've loved sea chanties, Irish and old English folk tunes, bluegrass, the Blues, Indian music with sitars, African tribal drums 🥁  you name it.  Good stuff all over the world. 

On 2/28/2024 at 7:52 PM, Flipper said:

Tony, I always enjoy your input.  I may have gotten carried away on my rant about electronic music.  I have definitely enjoyed some music with electronic input.  I'm eclectic in my taste, as well.  Plus we grow, experiment and change our tastes over time. 

I've listened to some songs I used to love, but 30 years later they did not withstand the test of time.  But the truly great stuff will last forever.  I've gone through phases in my life.  I've loved sea chanties, Irish and old English folk tunes, bluegrass, the Blues, Indian music with sitars, African tribal drums 🥁  you name it.  Good stuff all over the world. 

And kids will change everything. Trust me. We have helped to raise 29, until we adopted our 8 yr old. She's the easiest one we ever had and is completely amazing. 

and honestly, I didn't actually notice your rant. I let people have their own opinions. unless it's my daughter. then her opinion is wrong🤣

Edited by Tony s
  • Haha 1

imagine dragons

I love Imagine Dragons, although I know most of their fans are young teens.  That's OK!  We are each allowed our own taste.  And this old lady looooves the Dragons.  🐉

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We are completely eclectic. I say we because it's my 8 yr old daughter and me that chooses. mamas outta luck. She's on dance team so lots of showtunes, imagine dragons, Sigrid Raab. been teaching her oldies. all this from someone who was 100% country before kids🤣

Being 62, it's probably not surprising that I like mostly older music, but when I listen to Pandora on Shuffle (based on my stations) I never know what's coming next.  It could be Bonnie Raitt, or Hank Williams Sr., or John Lee Hooker, or Stevie Ray Vaughan, or John Prine, or Jerry Jeff Walker, or Bonnie Bishop, or Ray Wylie Hubbard, or Ray Price, or CCR, or Gene Watson, or Lynyrd Skynyrd, or Freddy Fender, or Otis Redding, or Albert Collins, or Junior Brown, or Cody Jinks, or . . . 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/28/2024 at 9:46 PM, lefty o said:

lets have some guitar magic!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, Jimmy is in my top guitarists of all time.  And if I had 1/100th of Plant's self-confidence, I'd be thrilled (and maybe friendless).  LoL

I loved their song "When the Levee Breaks".  Bonzo and his magic drums and this video with the Hindenburg disaster.  Entertaining!

• Like 2

In the words of Monty Python, "and now for something completely different", here's a group of kids from music class doing a Tool cover.  I wish all kids had a constructive hobby instead of being glued to a cell phone or video game. 

I just love these kids.

• Love 1

On 2/29/2024 at 12:04 PM, Flipper said:

In the words of Monty Python, "and now for something completely different", here's a group of kids from music class doing a Tool cover.  I wish all kids had a constructive hobby instead of being glued to a cell phone or video game. 

I just love these kids.

@TheSwissAquarist

On 2/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, lefty o said:

lets have some guitar magic!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.   Anyone who has heard this probably remembers the 1968 orchestral version with the trumpets, but solo guitar versions are equally good imob.

First the vanilla version, and then one of many stepped up versions from decades later.

• Love 2

On 3/1/2024 at 10:45 AM, Tanked said:

First the vanilla version, and then one of many stepped up versions from decades later.

Wow, I love Classical Gas and that alternate version is great, as well.  Thanks for sharing! ❤️

• Like 1