Washing Hands before putting them in an Aquarium

Jack

Wash your hands before and after. You don't know what oils or such you may have picked up about the house. 

Then wash after you are done because you don't know what you could have picked up in your tank.

But honestly...its just good hygene. Even more so in these times. 

I scrub mine before and rinse with hot water for a couple of minutes. I work with all kinds of chemicals during my work day -so far (knock on wood) it's worked fine. The only time I got in trouble was when I left my Python outside by the door and the pest guy sprayed the foundation for ants....

I don't usually wash wash with soap but I will give my hands a good rinse in clean water. I handle a lot of plants and fertilizers and things around the house so I went to make sure I rinse of the resdue of those things before sticking my hands in the tank.

I'm allergic to the surfactant in most soaps and have to use plain old castille soap.  I usually rinse my hands well before and scrub with soap after.... I'll have to get a fish sticker for my soap...  anti-bacterial soaps are terrible anyway.

I get nasty hands from my job so I always wash with Dawn and rinse thoroughly for my smaller tanks. It's less important to me to do that for the larger ones unless I've been handling something that I know would be harmful (hand sanitizer, lotion, strong cleaners, car stuff, etc)