I have some exciting news in regards to my aquarium journey! I have been working on building a relationship with my lfs and they have agreed to buy some java moss from me. While I know this may not seem very exciting to most people, I am ecstatic! I will be taking them a bag-full tomorrow afternoon. I was offered either cash or about 25% more store credit, but I asked to be paid in cash because I know it's a lot easier to switch from cash to store credit than vice versa. Is this a smart mover or should I go for the credit? I also added 11 more guppy fry to the trays so hopefully that will increase my guppy yield to see my lfs too. But right noe I am just happy that I seem to have my foot in the door!! 

On 3/17/2023 at 5:51 AM, Theplatymaster said:

Personally i think its smarter to go with cash,

that way you can drop of some moss,

and oh you are hungry?

use the money for lunch.

or just other purposes as appose to the credit which is binding to that store, as you can only use it there.

That’s kinda what I was thinking, because of the reasons you brought up and cuz I could sell a lot more products to them in the future, so if I’m getting $100 store credit every month I wouldn’t be able to spend it all there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have been very intrigued by dirted tanks recently and decided to set up a 3 gallon cube in this way. I am not using any filter in this aquarium and I don’t plan on putting any fish in it as of now, but that could always change. I started with a mix of potting soil and dirt from my yard89362B01-59B8-47FA-B79A-0994EBB60168.jpeg.1515ab3a77aa85758fb901e0881dc95a.jpeg

Next, I capped it with a thick layer of sand to keep the dirt from getting into the water column. Lastly I added a few struggling crypts from my 75 to see how they do. 
A4F4D912-0CF5-45C3-BF15-A28C2746DE40.jpeg.b2bfea0a622b585c733de4fbd1080702.jpeg

If anyone has suggestions or comments on this setup, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Glad to see that I’m not the only guy who’s never happy with the placing of his plants 🌱😂

The plan is to leave this aquarium mostly untouched and wait to see what happens, but I can see myself trying to move stuff around and making a mess😂