• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Any updates?

Oh yes, the last couple weeks have been pretty busy, but everything has been going well for the most part. All of the new fish have been thriving and the plants have been recovering nicely from their move. The Venus flytrap has been struggling, so I will probably have to move it out of the fish room to a window that can provide it with more light. Otherwise there hasn’t been anything noteworthy happening. 

On 12/4/2022 at 1:18 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Have you been trying to breed anything interesting? 😁

The plan is to eventually breed the angels, but other than that I’m just breeding guppies, snails, and shrimp. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:15 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

You do have to feed it protein if there aren’t any bugs. Also I don’t think it likes areas that are too humid.

Thanks for the tips! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I know that I haven't updated this thread in over a month, so my apologies. I dislocated my elbow playing basketball and have been trying to recover from that. I was given a 5 lb lifting restriction for a few weeks and have limited mobility with that arm which as you can imagine makes working on my aquariums rather difficult. I am healing up quickly and have been able to do a lot more in the mini fish room. I am working on finding some nice corydoras to add to the 75 and maybe a nice group of tetras. Anyway, I just thought I'd give an update on the mini fish room and I hope to be posting a lot more here again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 7:04 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

So I set up the net breeder Friday night and put a single pregnant female guppy inside, however when I checked in this afternoon I found 2 lol! Obviously the other one must have just jumped in overnight, but I still got a good laugh out of it

55DF7F33-2601-4C53-955D-D1CBEA69EF75.jpeg.1d9cad95fc82de3cf36d781e0f5f97f5.jpeg

Those livebearers are like frogs, just add water and they multiply at an alarming rate! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I have a quick question for anyone that has used a breeder net before. At what point should I put a female guppy in the net for the best results? I just picked the most pregnant looking one in, but I’m not sure if that is the best course of action. Any thoughts? 
thanks in advanceimage.jpg.12091c4d4b7c28bfe2889477041d6d99.jpg

On 1/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

So I have a quick question for anyone that has used a breeder net before. At what point should I put a female guppy in the net for the best results? I just picked the most pregnant looking one in, but I’m not sure if that is the best course of action. Any thoughts? 
thanks in advanceimage.jpg.12091c4d4b7c28bfe2889477041d6d99.jpg

Not sure, i assume if the net is large enough as soon as they get the almost square like appearance (at least for the far superior endler that is)

• Like 1