Show off your pipsqueaks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Omg we have CPD babies. I only counted two. If you squint you can see them in the video 😂. The photo here is of the tank they’re in… and of course it is in desperate need of a water change/ trim but now I’m afraid to lose the babies if I do!

IMG_5430.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 7/8/2023 at 3:44 AM, Rita said:

Omg we have CPD babies. I only counted two. If you squint you can see them in the video 😂. The photo here is of the tank they’re in… and of course it is in desperate need of a water change/ trim but now I’m afraid to lose the babies if I do!

IMG_5430.jpeg

Wow! Luck or on purpose?

On 7/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Wow! Luck or on purpose?

Luck! I’m always startled because I’m literally not trying and honestly neglecting my tanks lol. But I suppose by me neglecting the tank it’s giving them a chance to survive.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:32 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That filter is dying to be cleaned

Shush @nabokovfan87.

it was cleaned last week, it’s just stained. A downside of foam. Also there’s like 25 more babies in the little ridges of it. I have it sitting on a upside down shotglass because every time I clean it and go to put it back down, the babies all rush under it…🙄

On 7/8/2023 at 9:32 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I enjoy that you gave them a wood bridge

Lol. That wood gets moved every time I pull molts. That’s just where it happens to be today. 🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:44 PM, Rita said:

IMG_5430.jpeg

Sooo I did a water change after all and trimmed the jungle of water wisteria and cleared almost all my floating plants. The babies seem to hang out on the left side top of the tank so I didn’t really trim that side. I was able to confirm both babies were alive post water change!

IMG_5438.jpeg

• Like 1

I have baby bettas!!!03811E3A-26D4-4ED4-A4D5-5C601BA894C4.jpeg.2d66aa010967f6e8335789085d69b74c.jpeg

Unfortunately, many of them died due to a mistake I made:( I accidentally unplugged the baby brine shrimp hatchery and all the shrimp died, along with the fry’s food source. Thinking about breeding bettas again, but don’t want more fry deaths. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1