New to the Forum

Katherine

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and new-ish to fish keeping. I was given a 10 gallon with fish in it in September of 2019 when a friend who had bought them for her kids decided she didn't want to deal with it anymore.  I've since done a ton of learning and a major makeover on the tank.

The picture with the clown puke gravel and SpongeBob decor is what it looked like when I got it. The planted photo is how it looks now.

We moved last fall and then life was weird for a while and it was all I could do to just not kill anything. But now I'm getting back to the point where I can play around with things and actually enjoy the tank again. 

Since moving we have space for a bigger tank, so I'm planning on getting a 75 gallon sometime this spring or summer. I think my 4yo might be more excited than I am.

I look forward to hanging around the forum, getting to know some of you, and learning a whole lot more!

tankthen.jpg

tanknow.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

On 2/16/2022 at 3:53 PM, Katherine said:

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and new-ish to fish keeping. I was given a 10 gallon with fish in it in September of 2019 when a friend who had bought them for her kids decided she didn't want to deal with it anymore.  I've since done a ton of learning and a major makeover on the tank.

The picture with the clown puke gravel and SpongeBob decor is what it looked like when I got it. The planted photo is how it looks now.

We moved last fall and then life was weird for a while and it was all I could do to just not kill anything. But now I'm getting back to the point where I can play around with things and actually enjoy the tank again. 

Since moving we have space for a bigger tank, so I'm planning on getting a 75 gallon sometime this spring or summer. I think my 4yo might be more excited than I am.

I look forward to hanging around the forum, getting to know some of you, and learning a whole lot more!

tankthen.jpg

tanknow.jpg

Wow!!! Major difference! What an awesome tank!! Congrats on upgrading to a 75g tank!! Please let us know what fishes are you gonna get!! And welcome to the community!🥂

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 8:57 PM, Tarazzl said:

Please let us know what fishes are you gonna get!!

The only species I've decided on so far is black phantom tetras. I do know I want to stick with things around that size and peaceful. Possibly shrimp sometime down the road if I can make that work with my water.

• Like 2

Oooooohhhhh, Nice planted tank...and your water is crystal clear! Now that is a serious upgrade from the previous tank. What kind of stone is that in your new tank?

Btw, Welcome to the group. I'm fairly new to fish keeping (Betta Fish) and the board too...like you I "inherited" a fish from someone. 

Please post when you set up your 40 gallon.

Ann

• Like 2

@Katherine welcome to the forum/community , I am for sure you will enjoy and learn allot from the members here they are amazing and friendly

…you tank looks wonderful way better the sponge bob one … Hope to read your journey with a larger tank ,

, I started out in my fish keeping by babysitting a small goldfish for my Mom who went on vacation for 4 weeks ,, she refuse to take him home so i bought a little more bigger tank for one fish ,,taking care of him I feel in love with fish keeping after he died  I bought bigger tank and a small  community fish … now along with fishi got a little bigger tank last year  I am  getting into real plants too

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...