Can anyone share your Fish food diet rotation weekly plan?

I usually store all my dry foods in a box. I saw few videos where @cory and @irene store their foods in fridge.

Do you guys store dry fish food in refrigerator apart from frozen foods?

Most of my tanks have micro pellets on auto feeders, which feed lightly once or twice a day, depending on the tank. My biggest fish are congo tetras and full-sized pearl gouramis.

In the evening after work, when I'm feeling less busy from the day, I enjoy providing something frozen, usually spirulina brine shrimp (to keep them regular), my own hatched baby brine shrimp (which I keep frozen in micro cubes), or bloodworms. I probably do this 4-5 times per week.

• Like 1

I feed the aquariums once per day.  One day would be a Repashy product, the next day Xtreme Krill flakes with some Hikari sinking algae wafers and the following day just protein pellets & a Banquet food block.  Of course, it really depends on the exact fish and livestock you are keeping. That will determine what is fed. Personally, I place all "opened" food in the freezer and just take out what is needed for that day.

I keep all of my dry food in the freezer and pour out what I want to use that week into tiny Tupperware containers. Here is my schedule:

Sunday: frozen

Monday: dry food

Tuesday: frozen

Wednesday: dry food

Thursday: duckweed for goldfish, frozen food for everyone else

Friday: Nothing!

Saturday: Variable.. usually it’s frozen food, sometimes blanched veggies

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I keep all of my dry food in the freezer and pour out what I want to use that week into tiny Tupperware containers. Here is my schedule:

Sunday: frozen

Monday: dry food

Tuesday: frozen

Wednesday: dry food

Thursday: duckweed for goldfish, frozen food for everyone else

Friday: Nothing!

Saturday: Variable.. usually it’s frozen food, sometimes blanched veggies

I think I'll try this and see how they like it. I don't feed nearly enough frozen. At least until the co-op gets the new brine  shrimp hatchery's back in stock and then I'll fit live food in there a couple days a week

Edited by Robin

14 hours ago, Robin said:

...At least until the co-op gets the new brine  shrimp hatchery's back in stock and then I'll fit live food in there a couple days a week

There is no perfect way to feed your fish...except for maybe baby brine shrimp. Hopefully the Ziss Brine Shrimp Hatchery from the Co-op will arrive soon. Your fish will thank you for it.

• Like 2

I don't really have a set schedule of what gets fed when but I try to not feed the same food more than once a week, mostly because I have so many different kinds of food right now. I suppose most of mine should probably be replaced due to age, that's the bad thing about having several kinds of food but only one or two tanks to feed. Right now I have frozen mysis and brine shrimp, cyclops, and blood worms, freeze dried blood worms, hikari micro pellets and vibra bites, Xtreme krill flakes and sinking wafers, fluval bug bites, and aquarium co-op fry food.

My betta mostly just gets fed pellets though because it's easy, though I'll give him some blood worms, vibra bites, or bug bites to change things up, or live baby brine if I have some ready.

I think I want to take vibra bites out of my rotation because most of my fish won't eat them, and the frozen bloodworms because they're too big for my fish to eat without chopping them up. Other foods I've ditched are hikari betta pellets because I hate the packaging because it's an amazing way to feed a betta 50 pellets at once, and I tired Seachem flakes once but they were huge and none of my fish touched them.

As for adding anything I'm thinking about adding some kind of live worm culture but I haven't decided what kind

I'm bad at schedules, so the only things I do on specific days is water changes 🤣

I try to feed repashy or frozen foods a few times a week. Dry food is kept in the fridge and is fed on the other days. Sometimes I'll feed the frozen food in the am and do a little dry food later. I probably also overfeed!

I'm terrible about sticking to any sort of schedule, just not the way my brain works lol. I have a lot of different kinds of dry food [I keep it at room temp] that I switch up with frozen food and generally one starve day a week. generally they don't get the same dry food twice, and once a week a zucchini goes in and most fish will pick at that as well, even though it's targeted at the plecos!

I feed a variety, but without a set schedule. Each time I feed I try to pick something I didn't feed the last time. Very informal. The freeze dried stuff is fed more sparingly. I try to add live foods on occasion as well.  

I have my foods in baskets on a shelf in my basement/fish room. I have one basket of food for my big blood parrot cichlids, and another basket of foods for my nano fish and shrimp. Long-term I have plans to buy a small refrigerator/freezer and microwave to add to the fish room. For now I am in the middle of a few other projects, then upgrading the parrot tank. 

I keep my dry food in the fridge. :3 Reminds me I should clean out the foods I don't use anymore. I tend to collect them.

All the little fish (livebearers/bettas) get Fluval Bug Bites flakes and Xtreme nano pellets almost daily. When I feel like mixing it up, I'll give them Repashy Community Plus, freeze dried daphnia or frozen brine shrimp.

My featherfin catfish mostly gets Repashy's Soilent Green as a base diet, but maybe twice a week gets sinking carnivore pellets or Xtreme sinking wafers. She also just eats whatever the livebearers get.

My senegal bichirs and ctenopoma get frozen tilapia or sinking carnivore pellets every other day, just alternating between them. Sometimes floating cichlid pellets, and as a treat, sometimes livebearer culls I've bred.