Hey everyone!

Coraline22002

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be here. I was introduced to Aquarium Coop via YouTube videos. 
I currently have a betta and three Nerites in a 5-gallon tank with three plants... see pic. Oh and three dogs ... a pittie, an Aussie and a shih-tzu. 
My first betta got sick after his water temp dropped. I tried everything I could to save him but he never recovered. I took stock of things I did wrong. I got a new fish yesterday. Her name is Kat Von D. 
I adore fish (and all animals). I am In a rental for two more years. I want to learn all I can so I can get a large aquarium when I buy a house. 
I am super excited to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. 
Warm regards-Amy

A9361380-140E-4B7D-8FC9-E60604A68458.jpeg

EB5D7D98-4661-42AE-A3B7-2AA0D0C35D15.jpeg

FFBFFC92-7BBD-4F1F-84D9-D4D43C400095.png

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 11/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, Coraline22002 said:

It is one Anubias on the driftwood...  It's probably too big for my tank...

It's a super cute little tank! Considering that there's just one betta in there, I think the driftwood's size is fine. Fishy has room to swim. 

Does your lease limit tank size or tank number? (I'm just thinking it could be fun to go ahead and at least quarantine and grow plants for your upcoming bigger tank.)

On 11/25/2021 at 8:44 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I might have to hunt down an anubias with bigger leaves 

I did this just last night! I found a type of anubias about which the website claims the leaves can get 12" long, the whole plant as tall as 20", and I bought it already grown pretty big. (And certainly paid to do so - yikes.) It was listed as an "Anubias Heterophylla mother pot" - if you want to search it. I suppose you could pay less to get a smaller one and grow it out yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a really good idea. I have a 10 gallon tank waiting to be put together. My lease does not limit any of that. I was just trying to avoid having to move more  than one tank again when the time comes. I like that idea though and I will give that some consideration. I also have a dog who loves fish and I am concerned about putting a tank on a stand. Your idea might get her used to seeing the tank without anything moving around in it

• Like 1