Youtube Membership Testers

Cory

• Administrators

Hello Everyone,

It appears that our youtube integration with the main website is working. We'd love for some of you to try it and let us know. If these tests go well we will tell all of the membership about it.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-23T22-52-21_907Z.png.dfffd89ac5e1cf096130d1dc9ffaa850.png

Then scroll down and sign in with google.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-23T22-52-08_498Z.png.3bd779c9d39b3b30937872a81eb9f877.png

If you've correctly added an account that is an active member, you'll see your screen name under sign in with google.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-23T22-53-48_463Z.png.bcddfe4e5e57790ff632ce6f3b6f1d35.png

Then  you'll see your discount on the cart page.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-23T23-04-05_070Z.png.917c39257afd64bf32d8934e01e7b324.png

If you run into any problems, document them here with possibly a screenshot and I can round up the problems and take them back to the developers for a fix.  Thanks to anyone who wants to try early for us.

Perfect timing. Setting up my first tank in years and I am slowly ordering small batches of products that I will need in the long run. Free shipping and the member discount basically paid for a coop towel!

Everything worked fine on my end!

Thanks Cory and crew.

Will

• Thanks 1

Worked for me! Kinda obvious, but both boxes must be checked for sharing personal information and sharing YouTube account information. Otherwise it throws an error message and doesn't let the accounts sync. Clicked too quickly through the first time. Was able to go back in to correct the mistake. 

I'm having touble getting my accounts synced up. I allowed the 2 permissions for you tube and google but it never lists my account as being synced. I have tried logging out and logging back in and it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Screenshot_20211125-200136_Chrome.jpg.f5817f0cf583cacb4f86303c4f546ea5.jpg

• Administrators
On 11/25/2021 at 5:15 PM, BenBack said:

I'm having touble getting my accounts synced up. I allowed the 2 permissions for you tube and google but it never lists my account as being synced. I have tried logging out and logging back in and it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Screenshot_20211125-200136_Chrome.jpg.f5817f0cf583cacb4f86303c4f546ea5.jpg

Have you tried on a non mobile device?

On 11/26/2021 at 6:58 AM, BenBack said:

I will try that today and let you know, thank you!

I attempted syncing from my desktop, still no luck.  I also removed the access and re did it from the start on the desktop and still no luck.  It goes through the whole process but in the end it never lists my account as being synced.  I went to the store and added something to my cart and went to check out and no discount was applied. 

• Administrators

Are you using the email address and account that you are a member off on youtube? Can you take a screenshot of each process? It's hard to trouble shoot with just 1 screenshot. We have hundreds of people who have signed in successfully. Not sure whats going wrong in your specific instance.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:39 PM, Cory said:

Are you using the email address and account that you are a member off on youtube? Can you take a screenshot of each process? It's hard to trouble shoot with just 1 screenshot. We have hundreds of people who have signed in successfully. Not sure whats going wrong in your specific instance.

I finally figured it out!  I noticed someone said something about opening both websites on the same browser when trying to sync, well I thought about that and I did open them on the same browser but I only tried it on chrome. Once I used a different browser it worked instantly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, tnnlynch said:

I could not sync my account until I disabled all privacy applications (privacy badger, uBlock) for aquarium co-op site.  Everything worked right after that.

I think you just solved my problem. 

I'll know after I get home to where my passwords are saved😅

• Like 2