Hello all my name is mike and i am from the inland empire area of southern California. Happy to be here. Ive always wanted a tank and as of yesterday I was finally able to get one. A little treat to myself for my birthday which happends to be today. I am now setting up a 55 gallon tank and im sure i will be on here alot looking for answers on questions i may have.

For stocking I was thinking on doing a couple angel fish for the main attraction then having some tetra along with some mickey mouse platties since my daughter loves them. then some corys and maybe 2 hillstream loach for algea eaters.

Im going to try to do planted. For now there are fake plants but will be buying some live soon.

So this is my tank currently. I did all the research and was going to do a fishless cycle but came home and my girl had dropped 4 of those 32 cent gold fish in becauae my daughter wanted them. Ive been testing water each day and i have 0 amonia and very small amount of nitrite and my nitrate is at around 20 ppm20210826_210201.jpg.0c1ee1349aedc81fb330dd39417b19bc.jpg

• Like 1