what state do you live in?

Wisconsin. Currently living in the Fox Valley area. Good people around here, but I'm torn between wanting to be farther from this slowly amalgamating I-41 suburban blob and wanting to be closer to an LFS. Choices choices. 

On 3/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

That's like the epicenter of my misspent youth!  No finer place on Earth.  Or it was at least. 

I really enjoyed visiting my college friend there in the late 90s/early 00s. Great jumping off point to do so much! Now I want ice cream from Marianne's in Santa Cruz. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, dmurray407 said:

That's a beautiful area-but a very long commute to SF. I shouldn't talk-I just retired from job that is 50 miles away from my house-so fun during a snowstorm! I sure don't miss that part 🙂

And you went to MN, right? Yikes! I was done with that kind of snow my last year in Virginia when I snow on the ground nonstop from mid November to late March. I had to commute into the university where I somehow always got the 8am teaching slots! I've traded for rain unending and flooded chicken runs like this morning. But tending them in a sweatshirt and not a heavy coat works for me 🙂

On 3/9/2022 at 6:59 AM, Jawjagrrl said:

And you went to MN, right?

Yep, the weather IS a little different here in MN. I retired last year-now I don't have to go out in the crappy weather if I don't want to. My mom followed me here 10 years ago., and is not really fond of the weather. I have to give her a lot of credit, though-she is 88 and after a snowstorm if I don't get over there fast enough, she gets out and shovels her own driveway.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, Flynn Naysmith said:

Not a state but i live in New Zealand

What a lovely land!  I'll never forget hiking up Mount Tongariro through a driving mist, among the twisted southern beech trees and curious tānekaha shrubs.  It seemed everywhere I turned in the wild lands of Aotearoa, there was something unexpected, interesting, and beautiful! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:42 AM, Tammy said:

Nj

I have a 15 gallon fish tank with about seven plants not doing the greatest with the plants I just started adding liquid food for the plants. My water is green yet I don’t have a lot of algae at all on the side of the tank on the rocks or any hairy algae on the plants. My pH was 6.2 so I added a little pH increase one time. My nitrates and nitrates are at zero. How much longer before the tank should get back to normal?

Hi Tammy. Welcome to the forum. I just seen your post but did not run across responses. (Could be I just missed them) If you are still having this you will get responses if you post this as a new topic in the general discussion area. You can also post questions to get help with any plant issues under the plants and algae section. I’ve noticed some posted questions get missed/lost when attached in another thread discussion.  Again welcome folks here are kind and helpful when they see the questions.  I’m in south central PA, so howdy neighbor!

Edited by Guppysnail

• 1 month later...