what state do you live in?

Jawja, of course! 😄

Fun fact: Georgia has the most coastline of any the original 13 colonies, And remains so for the east coast except for Florida. 

I've also lived in the mountains of Virginia (great place for african cichlids!), The Chesapeake Bay corridor, and spent a lot of time in the Carolinas before ending up at the bottom end of the Appalachian Trail on a farm with pretty awesome well water! Hard, but not too hard, roughly neutral Ph. Looking forward to trying a lot more fish than I did when I was in the land of liquid rock 🙂

• Like 3

I can't believe I read through the entire thread and didn't see anyone else from Kentucky! Richmond, KY here - about an hour away from Churchill Downs, 30 minutes from UK, two hours from Fort Knox, and two hours away from the Cumberland Gap.

Sadly, I'm about 36 hours away from the Co-Op... I'll make that drive one day!

• Like 3

On 10/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, Hayley said:

Central Alabama. Not a fan of most of the state, but I love the nature here! Guntersville Lake and Smith Lake are a wonder to visit.

I'm in Madison, right outside of Huntsville here. I agree the nature is awesome, if only it wasn't so dang hot!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, KaitieG said:

South Central Wisconsin, near the Wisconsin River, since I was 6 months old--my parents escaped Chicagoland and took me along! 

Prairie du Sac 2021: Best of Prairie du Sac, WI Tourism - Tripadvisor

Northern Wisco here. 

On 10/5/2021 at 6:07 PM, Opal Rae said:

Northern Wisco here. 

Lake View.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, H.K.Luterman said:

I'm in Madison, right outside of Huntsville here. I agree the nature is awesome, if only it wasn't so dang hot!

I'm familiar with Madison! I visited up there a while ago to check out Aquatic Cove when I was camping at Joe Wheeler (not into saltwater tanks, that was my half-brother's area of expertise, but it was still a wonderful experience)! I'm just 45 minutes out from Birmingham. I was enjoying that little cool spell we had, but then it got hot again on us. Hoping for cooler temps again!

• Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 6:07 PM, Opal Rae said:

Northern Wisco here. 

Lake View.jpg

I love visiting Northern Wisco.  Its been a few years but we always have fun.  My friend's parents have a place near Lac de Flambeau.  No scenic views of the southeastern part of the state.  It would probably be ruined by a construction barrels anyway. 

On 10/6/2021 at 7:39 AM, sairving said:

I love visiting Northern Wisco.  Its been a few years but we always have fun.  My friend's parents have a place near Lac de Flambeau.  No scenic views of the southeastern part of the state.  It would probably be ruined by a construction barrels anyway. 

My family has friends with a little cottage on Rest Lake in Manitowish Waters near Lac du Flambeau, so that's where we spent a lot of our vacation time too when I was a kid.  It's a beautiful area!  My dad is a huge fan of the Blue Bayou restaurant up there if you ever want a fancy cajun place to eat (yes, cajun in Northern WI...makes TOTAL sense).

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, KaitieG said:

My family has friends with a little cottage on Rest Lake in Manitowish Waters near Lac du Flambeau, so that's where we spent a lot of our vacation time too when I was a kid.  It's a beautiful area!  My dad is a huge fan of the Blue Bayou restaurant up there if you ever want a fancy cajun place to eat (yes, cajun in Northern WI...makes TOTAL sense).

It makes as much sense as a Mexican restaurant I ate at about 25 years ago in Bismarck, ND.  It was awful.

Edited by JettsPapa

On 10/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, Kilrkitty08 said:

Southwest Virginia - I say SW VA because I can be in four other states faster than I can get to the VA Capital and I very much prefer it that way.  Love the Mountains and lower population lol

That's awesome. I grew up in SW VA / Duffield. So maybe we need to know each other!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, Chris said:

I can't believe I read through the entire thread and didn't see anyone else from Kentucky! Richmond, KY here - about an hour away from Churchill Downs, 30 minutes from UK, two hours from Fort Knox, and two hours away from the Cumberland Gap.

Sadly, I'm about 36 hours away from the Co-Op... I'll make that drive one day!

I know Richmond! I'm just on the other side of the river from west Louisville, so we're only a little over an hour apart

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, Cisa said:

I know Richmond! I'm just on the other side of the river from west Louisville, so we're only a little over an hour apart

Ah, that's awesome! I've spent a lot of time in Louisville for various events and school trips. I heard that there's going to be some aquarium conventions here next year that the Co-Op may attend - I'm pumped!

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, KaitieG said:

My friend is heading up north to visit her parents this weekend.  I'll ask if they've gone to eat at Blue Bayou.  

• Like 1