What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 2/16/2023 at 8:02 AM, JJenna said:

Time to dial the way back machine and listen to Three Dog Night. I think they were pretty underrated. Chuck Negron's vocals were amazing in this song. 

I don’t remember ever hearing this song but I’ve heard plenty of 3 Dog Night.  Just added some of their stuff to my music library a couple months ago.

This is the 3 Dog Night that I think of when I think of them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I recently learned that AI can make art!  Some of it is really pretty good, but much if it feel inhuman to me - which makes sense.  I stumbled across this video created from Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" by plugging every line into an AI to generate an image.  I'm struck by how creepy most of the images are, and how the AI has such a strong preference for centering a human figure facing away from the viewer.  It's a bit haunting!  Also, none of the images seem to evoke the content of the lyrics within the context of the song for me.  Still, a fascinating experiment!  Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with these AI generated images to music lyrics.  This one is less creepy though, I promise!  Not only does this one have people facing the viewer, but it's clear that many images were generated for each line and the human editors put together the images they liked.  That human editing piece also give these sorts of videos a completely different feel to me.  See if you agree:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 2/23/2023 at 7:58 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with these AI generated images to music lyrics.  This one is less creepy though, I promise!  Not only does this one have people facing the viewer, but it's clear that many images were generated for each line and the human editors put together the images they liked.  That human editing piece also give these sorts of videos a completely different feel to me.  See if you agree:

This one is actually really good. Almost a Pink Floyd feel. Much less creepy than people with their backs turned. Sadly the song is downright frightening because of its truth to our modern times. I love the Ozzy days of Black Sabbath. Some world truths are timeless. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 12:45 PM, JettsPapa said:

I really like both of the Tanya Tucker songs, but I couldn't click on the Like button because that's my least favorite Kenny Rogers song.  I like these better.

them are good, along with lady, and the gambler.