What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 1/18/2023 at 11:15 AM, Guppysnail said:

I get in moods where Styx runs through my head for a week or more. This is my ear worm today 

I'm prone to earworms also, so I can relate. The last one to get in was actually Jethro Tull.  I have found it cathartic especially after having to listen to 9 straight hours of country moosic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, Tanked said:

I'm prone to earworms also, so I can relate. The last one to get in was actually Jethro Tull.  I have found it cathartic especially after having to listen to 9 straight hours of country moosic!

There's a lot of good country music out there, but you won't find it listening to country top 40.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 12:48 PM, JettsPapa said:

There's a lot of good country music out there, but you won't find it listening to country top 40.

I'm sure there is, but my appreciation is very limited, usually to some of the old masters.  When traveling with certain friends, and visiting certain relatives, my options are also very limited.🙉

Just for laughs I just checked the Country, Rock and Alternative Top 40 charts. On Country I recognize 0 artists/songs, Alternative is a little better at 15/1, and rock came in at 20/17.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, Guppysnail said:

Styx

Styx was the very first band I saw...they played in a club in Milwaukee. At that time drinking age was 18....crazy time for a bunch of teenage girls. Thanks for the memories!

On 1/18/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tanked said:

Jethro Tull

Now I'm going to have that in my head all day...between you and Guppy with Styx I'll be humming them for hours. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, JJenna said:

Styx was the very first band I saw...they played in a club in Milwaukee. At that time drinking age was 18....crazy time for a bunch of teenage girls. Thanks for the memories!

Now I'm going to have that in my head all day...between you and Guppy with Styx I'll be humming them for hours. 

Always glad to help.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:56 AM, Tanked said:

I'm sure there is, but my appreciation is very limited, usually to some of the old masters.  When traveling with certain friends, and visiting certain relatives, my options are also very limited.🙉

If by old masters, you mean country music from 50 or 60 years ago, I agree, but there are some contemporary artists putting out some good music.  Cody Jinks is one that comes to mind.  His song "David" is one I particularly like (see below).

On 1/19/2023 at 9:56 AM, Tanked said:

Just for laughs I just checked the Country, Rock and Alternative Top 40 charts. On Country I recognize 0 artists/songs, Alternative is a little better at 15/1, and rock came in at 20/17.

I doubt if I'd recognize any of them either.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 11:21 AM, JettsPapa said:

If by old masters, you mean country music from 50 or 60 years ago, I agree, but there are some contemporary artists putting out some good music.  Cody Jinks is one that comes to mind.  His song "David" is one I particularly like (see below).

I doubt if I'd recognize any of them either.

yup, cody jinks, and jamey johnson are about it for old style country being done now.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 12:09 PM, lefty o said:

yup, cody jinks, and jamey johnson are about it for old style country being done now.

I like Brian Burns, Charlie Robison, and Wayne Hancock also (though Wayne Hancock may be too much old-school for some people).

And then there's Ray Wylie Hubbard, who's still going strong.

Edit:  Chris Knight is another good one.

Edited by JettsPapa

Sabaton just put out a new single, and I've been jamming to it since I came home from work.  I keep telling myself that as I get better at aerial silks and lyra, I'm going to someday choreograph Sabaton routines and I just added it to my "wish play list."

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 11:50 PM, lefty o said:

That's my number one cleaning up the kitchen song--Alexa pretty much plays it when it hears the water start running, lol.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this one. If you're a parent of grown kids it might put your Kleenex to work, but I love this version:

• Like 1