What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 12/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

But if you play these on a big home theater or a HiFi system with a subwoofer, please be careful. I have seen this bass energy literally blow woofers out of their boxes!

What you will hear on most any device is the stunning detail, definition and clarity. A liquid, airy flood of reverberant sound echoing off of the massive church’s walls, floors and ceilings. The reverberant echo of the massive space is so great, it sounds more like a canyon than a church. The shimmering sound and sheer power of these recordings is simply unreal.

whoa, this is incredible sound. i've never heard anything this detailed before. the echo goes on forever. the bass is scary though! thanks!

• Like 2

My favorite aria from my favorite opera. My preferred version is the 1972 La Boheme with Pavarotti-Freni-Von Karajan but as far as I know, no videos of that one exists. But this 1986 one need not apologize...although I should for the annoying hard coded subtitles! Still, it's glorious and the audience goes nuts on his high C!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Kurt Cobain was a brilliant and prolific song writer and I think that's often overlooked given how incredibly loud Nirvana was which turned off many people (not me!). Still, you can hear the Lennon-McCartney influences in this track (amongst others):

Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa IMO are magic together. Joe Bonamassa discovered this during this demo of a Humble Pie cover, Black Coffee. He repeatedly shakes his head in disbelief at her electrifying vocals. After this demo, they made 3 albums and a Blu-ray together:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

When things aren't always going as planned, there is nothing like music that fills your soul.  I love this group playing this piece! 

Danish String Quartet playing "Shine You No More"

That third guy in the thumbnail is Gordon Ramsay. 🥩🥙🍞🍗

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Haha 2