Hi to an amazing community

Hi all,

I recently set up a 10 gallon tank with my 6 year old daughter. This forum and the YouTube channel have been so helpful getting started. I've watched so many videos by Cory and Irene. I really appreciate Cory's view of keeping fish and recognition of how many variables there are. Both my wife and I work in horticulture but this is my first time growing aquatic plants. I've definitely caught the bug and just dug out an old 1 gallon pickle jar to set up a simple cherry shrimp tank for myself. The aquascaping being done by people on this forum is incredible and inspirational.

We've got 3 otocinclus catfish, 3 glofish tetras, and 1 mystery snail. Hoping to add a few more of the same once I'm confident in their happiness and my abilities. I can't believe how fast the hornwort and frogbit grow. The dwarf sagittaria is sending out runners, the java fern is growing babies, and the amazon swords have tons of new leaves emerging. Most of the plants have been in for about 8 weeks.

I've been growing the algae intentionally to ensure that the catfish would have plenty of food. I'm starting to reduce the lighting now that I have a better idea of how much they eat.

Remember this tank belongs to a 6 year old. 😃

IMG_0553.jpg.68fe75ac666185729ba14329ea382fae.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2