I am so weak...

Brandy

On 6/16/2021 at 3:05 PM, TheCzarista said:

That is truly gorgeous!  We went the other path, the one called "Bettas, the Gateway Fish".  We got one because someone at work had one and I thought it was pretty.  Now we have three tanks, and constantly planning more, bigger, better!

You know, it did start years ago with a betta at my desk at work.  You're on to something. 🤔

On 6/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, CosmicAshhole said:

You know, it did start years ago with a betta at my desk at work.  You're on to something. 🤔

My sister warned me when I got the betta that it was a gateway fish, and I laughed because we had NO interest in the hobby in general.... but then we got a mystery snail to help clean the tank, and then we needed a bigger tank because they needed more room, and then.... and then.... 

and now we just set up our third tank with CPDs and trying shrimp for the first time

• Haha 3

I went browsing at Petsmart two weeks ago and forgot they would have a betta display. Suddenly I was face to face with it in total shock thinking, “oh no I wasn’t mentally prepared to resist!!!” Thankfully I was able to deploy a mental shield wall and I walked by the rack safely. It was a narrow escape!

I 100% support your impulse buy though. I mean with that new fish room you’re getting, you will have pleeeeeenty of space!!!

• Like 3

Woke up one morning not too long ago to find one of our older more fragile (Rosetail) male Betta's had passed from what looked like age.   Let the tank settle for a week and then took the family out to pick out another male...annnnnnnd we came home with two,  so now the "hospital tank" has a full time resident on the kitchen counter.  I get it...boy, do I ever get it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Brandy you picked a handsome boy!  The Aquarium Coop Beta display is sooo tempting. I can’t wait until we’re allowed to spend more than 20min in the store. I need some time to seriously check out every fish in there. 

That's like going to a candy store, I don't think I would be able to just have one!  No one seems to have Plakats here either. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:53 AM, Brandy said:

Hi, my name is Brandy, and I think I have a problem...

I am moving in 2 weeks. I have been desperately trying to pare down...I went to the aquarium co-op for some hikari cichlid gold floating mini pellets. They were out...

But...This guy was staring at me from right next to the door. 

PXL_20210616_182212379.jpg.f381832f9e7390ad0a1e54bd435c9762.jpg

I don't even like bettas. But I did have this nice empty cycled tank at home...

Wow! Didn't even know they came in that kind of colouration.  Gorgeous fish! 😍