On 9/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, eatyourpeas said:

Lost power yesterday late afternoon and the most curious thing happened. The pump stopped so there was no flow in the tank, and all the anemones closed up! Except Ursula Flerken, that is. She rose above the sand by about two inches! Other than that, the outage did not last long enough to pose a temperature issue.

Glad to hear the temporary power loss was not an issue.  That 1" thick acrylic is helping you there for sure!  Interesting behavior too.  Wonder why the difference between Ursula and the others?  I really wish there were freshwater anemones. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Glad to hear the temporary power loss was not an issue.  That 1" thick acrylic is helping you there for sure!  Interesting behavior too.  Wonder why the difference between Ursula and the others?  I really wish there were freshwater anemones. 

Yes, definitely got the benefit of the thick acrylic!🙃

I am going to try to find out. Next time I get in touch with Seattle Aquarium I'll ask. It is too bad there are no nems in the FW world, as they are pretty amazing! 😍

On 9/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, eatyourpeas said:

This little guy used to be under a shell and then disappeared. Now he is out, and larger, so he must have molted! @Guppysnail, meet your grandcrabby Guacamole! 🦀

PXL_20210920_194017660.jpg.3536f1bae7df82b68415a658f7df6de6.jpg

Lost power yesterday late afternoon and the most curious thing happened. The pump stopped so there was no flow in the tank, and all the anemones closed up! Except Ursula Flerken, that is. She rose above the sand by about two inches! Other than that, the outage did not last long enough to pose a temperature issue. 🙃

I adore him 😍 I am very curious to see what you find the difference is between Ursula and the others. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

Oh Ursula…NOT Fermat!….or Guacamole 😉

Never!!!

On 9/23/2021 at 3:02 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I wish they had an astonished face emoji 😲 as a quick reaction for many of the things you post @eatyourpeas.  Especially when Ursula is involved! 

Ahhh, she gets all the credit! This is what she looks like when she wants to intimidate you (did it again during a power outage this afternoon). Makes the clam look itty bitty!

PXL_20210923_225058564.jpg.b651f4f0d4e79597bddd3d4db2f593ca.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Is your photography getting even better?!  Those are like art prints.  I'd legit hang the first one up in my bathroom (why the bathroom? keep 'em guessing). 

Well, I have been told before that my work makes good bathroom art, so I am glad you agree. 🤣

• Haha 3