Crow from England

Hi! I'm Crow, 20 year old University student from the UK, I used to keep fish when I was a kid and do lots of research on forums for my stepmother who had multiple FW tanks and a gorgeous 120 gallon reef tank. At the beginning of September I realised I was in a position to have fish again and have been obsessed ever since. The image is of my 15 gallon display tank, currently home to 8 corydoras habrosus, 6 CPD's+1 juvenile, and very soon to be home to 3 sparkling gourami (they're arriving in the post on Wednesday, I'm incredibly excited).

At some point I really want to do an ecosystem tank, i.e look at a few images from underwater in the Amazon and decorate a tank+use stocking that would be found in that habitat. I adore my current tank and the way it looks but at the same time I really want to feel like I'm staring at a piece of nature, my current aquascape is as natural as a golden retriever.

Edit: also home to some number of shrimp, I got a random assortment of 18 neocaridinia for £18 and some of them have been very berried lately

PXL_20210223_001303991.jpg

Edited by Clockwork-crow
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, OceanTruth said:

Welcome! Your tank is an absolute jungle. I dig it.

Thank you! My approach so far has been "buy a handful of rhizome plants attached to driftwood, arrange them in such a way that it provides enough open space for whatever fish you have, then buy enormous amounts of stem plants and throw them in at random".

This tank is currently setup so I have a relatively wide open sandbar area for the corydoras to forage in, but also some densely planted foresty areas for the incoming sparkling gourami. Having a wide open foraging space has been a massive boon to my cory keeping experience.

• Like 1