Camouflage Sponge Filters?

Dana

Hi everyone,

I’m about to scape this 110 gallon I got on Craigslist for $300.  I want to use the coop’s sponge filters (one in each corner) and a Ziss in the middle.  I was thinking of siliconing Dragon Stone together to make a half circle wall around the sponge filter.  Has anyone tried to attach pieces of Dragon stone (or any other stone for that matter) together to create  something like this?

thanks! 
Dana

PS this was a smokin’ good deal!  Very grateful!

90AB4D2B-6407-451C-8329-D0880D317F55.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I myself find that plants are the best way to conceal. Only because they don’t restrict water movement as much and can be changed down the road. But a hard scape solution could be done for sure.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

With the stand also? Very jealous!

Yes, the stand was included!  Going to repaint the stand and 1-2-3 polish the acrylic to make it good as new!  Very few scratches, just micro cleaning scratches...

2 hours ago, Irene said:

Jurijs the aquascaper has a pretty cool tutorial, if you haven't seen it:

Thanks so much for this!  Wow...who would have thought the cigarette filters could be useful!  amazing...

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

To paraphrase @Cory, sponge filters and plants are both green.

Don't lock yourself into specific filter locations. Maybe you start with the back corners, and then maybe you move to 1/3 and 2/3 tank positions.

True...I'm flexible and not in a hurry...thanks!

39 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

Your pieces are very clever at hiding hardware! Sometimes you have a tank you can enjoy only from the front, and sometimes you can look in through the sides too, so it is is nice to be able to adjust.

Cheers

Yeah...I love the side view!  I'm not very picky at hiding filters and such, I'm just trying to scape it in a practical way and the equipment can go in the back...its still visible.  I had a lot of fun building those walls too!