Somewhat rhetorical question...

Rita

Anyone think The aquarium co op team would be amazing at designing a aquarium water change app? I realize there is a need for such an app since the few that are out there aren’t very intuitive. I find it more of a pain to use those apps than just writing everything down. 

• Like 1

Just now, aquachris said:

I suspect OP is talking about more of a tracking app... one you can track your all your water tests and changes, etc.  I've tried a few too, and always find them leaving much to be desired.  

My heart raced for a moment with just the thought of an app to change water for me.🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, aquachris said:

I suspect OP is talking about more of a tracking app... one you can track your all your water tests and changes, etc.  I've tried a few too, and always find them leaving much to be desired.  

Yes, sorry for the poor wording. Although an automated water changing system is as close as we can come to “water change app” 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augustjd27 said:

I'm guessing that would be something not worth the software development time for the Coop...I honestly think any water change related features you could use in an app would just be easier to do in a small notebook.

You might be right, esp if all you did was log activity.  If the software on the backend could aide evaluation of your bio load etc it could be handy,  esp for beginners.  

I use an app called Aquarium Assistant to keep track of all my water parameters over time, and for multiple tanks as well. I highly recommend it. Gives you little graphs of the changes over time and everything, you can change which parameters are recorded, make settings for optimal parameters (ex. South American cichlid ideal parameters, snails, guppies, etc.) It's super useful.

FXqdgGn9Xwq2WgNyNVri7wrJLnbMtTSVdkpj7lfZ
PLAY.GOOGLE.COM

Whether you want to check the state of the water in the last month, the population of the creatures, or the state of the plants –...