Would you rather - Help decide!

nabokovfan87

Hey all,

It's one of those things that I'm sure it's not just me, but I can't decide.  The added option is always "neither", but I wanted to ask what you would choose for your own situation and setup.

Option A - Brine shrimp + Ziss hatchery
Option B - Plants of equivalent value
Option C - Hardscape materials (wood or rock)

Please feel free to post your own indecisions when you're trying to decide exactly what to ad to your cart!

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:25 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hey all,

It's one of those things that I'm sure it's not just me, but I can't decide.  The added option is always "neither", but I wanted to ask what you would choose for your own situation and setup.

Option A - Brine shrimp + Ziss hatchery
Option B - Plants of equivalent value
Option C - Hardscape materials (wood or rock)

Please feel free to post your own indecisions when you're trying to decide exactly what to ad to your cart!

Thank you for adding another page to my Big Book of Indecision.

Unless you find an epic centerpiece rock, I'm gong for: Option B - Plants of equivalent value.    They continuously change.

• Like 1

I would probably go option A, since I only have one tank and don't have the space in it to add the equivalent value in plants without removing some that I already have. Same on the hardscape. Though I'd have to either hatch tiny amounts of brine shrimp at a time or freeze it for later feeding. (Which actually doesn't sound like a terrible idea.)

Option A

I will probably get one with my next order, it just seems so pricey to get started with, especially since i've never used bbs, and won't be using it every day.

It's weird to me that lfs don't just sell brine shrimp.  When I kept tanks in the 80s and 90s I would go every week to the lfs and buy an oz to feed my tank. It always gave me a reason to go.

• Love 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, Lonkley said:

it just seems so pricey to get started with, especially since i've never used bbs, and won't be using it every day.

I said this when I started with live brine shrimp. It will only be an occasional treat.  I don’t have enough tanks to warrant the Ziss. It’s to expensive I can do it cheaper. I used an old iced tea dispenser.  

The next months order I bought the Ziss. It’s just to easy and in just a month I saw growth and color explode on my fish. Now I almost always have the Ziss running on my kitchen counter no less. It’s rare enough to not have it going that hubby notices and comments…did you forget to make your sea monkeys today? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:12 PM, Guppysnail said:

I said this when I started with live brine shrimp. It will only be an occasional treat.  I don’t have enough tanks to warrant the Ziss. It’s to expensive I can do it cheaper. I used an old iced tea dispenser.  

The next months order I bought the Ziss. It’s just to easy and in just a month I saw growth and color explode on my fish. Now I almost always have the Ziss running on my kitchen counter no less. It’s rare enough to not have it going that hubby notices and comments…did you forget to make your sea monkeys today? 🤣

It’s really that good?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I bought one Ziss hatcher and then I bought a second one. 😄  I'm not hatching much, but to keep up with what I'm doing having two makes sense.  I don't think I need a 3rd one, but what if I do?!  I can kill plants for free and hardscape is pretty easy to come by.

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2023 at 11:32 AM, Lonkley said:

Option A

I will probably get one with my next order, it just seems so pricey to get started with, especially since i've never used bbs, and won't be using it every day.

It's weird to me that lfs don't just sell brine shrimp.  When I kept tanks in the 80s and 90s I would go every week to the lfs and buy an oz to feed my tank. It always gave me a reason to go.

That's awesome.  Welcome to the forums!

On 11/29/2023 at 6:46 PM, jwcarlson said:

I bought one Ziss hatcher and then I bought a second one. 😄  I'm not hatching much, but to keep up with what I'm doing having two makes sense.  I don't think I need a 3rd one, but what if I do?!  I can kill plants for free and hardscape is pretty easy to come by.

This is how I feel about the breeder boxes. I just with the co-op had the fine mesh ones.

On 11/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, Guppysnail said:

did you forget to make your sea monkeys today? 🤣

😂 Love it.