On 10/27/2023 at 10:10 PM, Fish Folk said:

You had me at the Mythosaur 🤘

Yes, that can work. I have Anubias doing that in several tanks successfully.

This is the way. 

On 10/28/2023 at 2:34 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

It should work well. The nylon line won't deteriorate over time and it will basically be there until the plant takes roots on the wood. Then you can remove it. Trim the knot off so that fish don't accidentally injure themselves, but beyond that it looks good.

This is what I had hoped. I have no fish currently but the plan was to trim as close as I could. Thanks! 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:19 AM, BNols said:

This is what I had hoped. I have no fish currently but the plan was to trim as close as I could. Thanks! 

I forgot to mention it. Just make sure that the line isn't crushing the rhizome. It will basically "cut" the plant if that's the case or cause some damage if you tie it too tightly. Just held in place is all you need.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:29 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I forgot to mention it. Just make sure that the line isn't crushing the rhizome. It will basically "cut" the plant if that's the case or cause some damage if you tie it too tightly. Just held in place is all you need.

Appreciate the reply. The line isn’t tight. Only cinched with a loop knot just tight enough to keep the rhizome touching the wood! 

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the reply. I feel the fishing line will be easier to remove once the plant attaches itself. It’s only a loop knot so all I have to do to release the knot is pull the tail in the opposite direction it was tied and it’ll release easily! 

On 10/29/2023 at 12:15 PM, Trish said:

These can be helpful, I have several pieces of driftwood using this type of tie to attach Anubias.  These ties are the smallest ones I could find. 

100mm-Plastic-Cable-Ties-1000Pcs-Width-1-9mm-Nylon-Zip-Tie-Highly-Estimated-Wire-ties-Direct-3637317875.jpeg.2962f0f02247f0c8e40d796f2ba4902a.jpeg

I use zip ties as well. They work well.

However, I have found I need to be careful not to cinch them up too tight or there could be rhizome rot beneath it.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, tolstoy21 said:

I use zip ties as well. They work well.

However, I have found I need to be careful not to cinch them up too tight or there could be rhizome rot beneath it.

Agreed, should have mentioned that.  These are also temporary as once rooted to the driftwood, they get snipped off.