Would You Rather: Aquarium Edition

NanotankBank

On 1/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, Theplatymaster said:

1.100gallon tank, if it was 1 100 or 5 20's id do the 20s but tens are limited in my opinion

Never change water, changing water in a 100gallon tank would be a pain

neon tetra tank, it would just look cooler, id break the rules and add corydoras though

I respect that, I’ve just always wanted to have a crap ton of nano tanks for shrimp and bettas, but boy a no maintenance 100gal filled to the brink with a neon tetra school and corydoras would be mesmerizing 💥 

10x10s, I think.  But man... 10s are pretty small.

Never change water, obviously.  I've never once thought "I wish I didn't have to feed these fish." 😄

Tiger barb tank because I've never had barbs.

Would you rather have a beautiful tank that everyone except you loves or have an ugly tank that others cannot stand, but you're in love with?

You're breeding your absolute favorite fish: would you rather they have amazing, top tier offspring that you cannot ever see or pretty good offspring that you can see?

On 1/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, jwcarlson said:

Would you rather have a beautiful tank that everyone except you loves or have an ugly tank that others cannot stand, but you're in love with?

You're breeding your absolute favorite fish: would you rather they have amazing, top tier offspring that you cannot ever see or pretty good offspring that you can see?

The tank I love for sure. I keep fish for me, it's just a bonus that my kids like them too. Nobody else much cares one was or another.

Pretty good offspring I could see.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, jwcarlson said:

10x10s, I think.  But man... 10s are pretty small.

Never change water, obviously.  I've never once thought "I wish I didn't have to feed these fish." 😄

Tiger barb tank because I've never had barbs.

That’s true. More of a cost thing for me. I feed a lot of frozen food that runs out quick and is expensive, where as a water changes are more tedious, but less costly. 

to answer yours:

-Tank I love cause I’m the one dealing with it lol

-offspring I can’t see, can sell them and make $$ while also enjoying my fish

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, NanotankBank said:

Would you Rather:

-Have 1x 100gal or 10x 10gal (if space wasn’t an issue)?

-Never have to change the water, or never have to feed the fish?

-Have a 55gal Tiger-Barb only tank, or a 55gal Neon Tetra only tank?

I don't think you realize HOW AWESOME a 55g with tiger barbs can be.  Clearly, a 75g or 90g is better, but a 55g with a nice bit of tigers is a fantastic tank!

IMG_20190308_092459.jpg.bfc2033b332aeb143159aa5bae33cdf3.jpg.4bf16f57d4747f830dc96ce305043fbc.jpg

That being said... 55g vs. 100g tiger tank, YES PLEASE give me a 100g tiger tank 🙂 .

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2023 at 11:57 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I don't think you realize HOW AWESOME a 55g with tiger barbs can be.  Clearly, a 75g or 90g is better, but a 55g with a nice bit of tigers is a fantastic tank!

Not the barbs again.

You are making me miss the barbs I've never owned.

Can someone stop cutting the onion. Thanks

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:24 AM, NanotankBank said:

Would you Rather:

I would def get bigger sized tank as much as possible. or maybe two 55s instead of a 100, if you dont want really big fish. 55 can home a lot of  fish as well, and you can build beautiful 2 communitys there. Just like tiger barbs and Angels I've always wanted :' ) Or maybe a good group of pearl gouramis! But 10g has really limited stocking options generally as others mentioned.

To me;

2x 55g> 75g+20Long > 100g> any other options

If you like really big fishies, then 100g> 75g+20L for a good betta community, > 2x55g> any other options.

Also, If you ever wanna keep an extra small tank, you can always find an excuse, convince yourself it is a good idea, and easily find  place for a small 5-10g tank  somewhere for shrimp or bettas  I believe :D! We are good at making excuses when it comes to setting up a new tank. Trick yourself😈

On 1/29/2023 at 12:25 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

One of my favorite things is a barb pond....

Shallow tank, whatever, just a lot of swimming space and some barbs.

I love ponds. If I ever had one, I would def go for kois in a big one. Kois are just adorable to me. It is just sometimes it reaches around 50Cs during summer in where I live. I even struggle to keep my tanks cool inside and full dark, and they sit around 32C s even inside the house! So I will probably never have one outside ever :'). Especially not kois.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 8:56 PM, jwcarlson said:

A tank that I love, because I do this for myself.

Depends on the fish-  am I breeding Congo tetras?  They’re staying with me.  If I’m breeding neons, well, they’re little jerks, so I’d be ok never seeing them again! LOL

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2023 at 8:24 PM, NanotankBank said:

Would you Rather:

100 Gal.     10x 10 gal.= 10 times the work, but it would be cool to have 10 different aquascapes/environments.

Never changing water is an obvious choice.

Tiger Barb  Tiger vs Neon is a tough call.  While I could have twice as many Neons, a school of Tiger Barbs would might be more interesting.

100 gallon tank.  

Never do a water change.

I don't like tiger barbs and I'd rather have cardinal tetras over neons, but the fish I would most want in a 100-gallon sized school would be checkerboard barbs.  Which I haven't seen in over 15 years.

• 1 year later...

Would you Rather:

100 gallon tank

Never need to change water

55 gallon tank of tiger barbs 

It's crazy to me how many people said one 100 gallon tank

As a killifish person I would 100% do 10 10s. That gives you space to have more varieties of fish, to raise fry, to separate out breeding pairs, to isolate sick/troublesome fish. So many more options.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 10:05 AM, Schuyler said:

It's crazy to me how many people said one 100 gallon tank

As a killifish person I would 100% do 10 10s. That gives you space to have more varieties of fish, to raise fry, to separate out breeding pairs, to isolate sick/troublesome fish. So many more options.

Yup no questions 10s every time. Versatility 

• Like 1

Would you Rather:

Oh… so hard to choose..,

1) 1 x 100g tank. Less water changes, more stability… e’rbody in one place

2) never change water. I find feeding my fish therapeutic 

3 ) Tetras for sure! They are my fav fish!