Co-Op Lights Available!

ScottieB

• Administrators

On 1/6/2023 at 2:12 PM, Bev C said:

@Zenzo i have a  black rim 10 gallon and the measurements are 22 inch   will this be the same as you mentioned above  will the 20 inch  expand to  22 inch with the brackets,,  i am hoping the 20 will expand to   22 inch  thank you for any help  hope i made since 

Hi @Bev C Yes, the brackets on our 20" light can extend to easily fit your 22" tank.

On 1/6/2023 at 2:25 PM, Bev C said:

my question: if the 20 inch light   if it would expand to 22 inch my tank is 22 inch across   hope they do not sell out  if so i will wait patiently 

Bracket should give you 3-4 Inches on either side of the light for a total of 6-8. Someone else can confirm. That's what I'd expect. As an example, the slides on my light (non ACO) are roughly 3 inches long. Conservatively you're looking at 2.5-3 per side. So safely a 20" light should work for a 20" as well as a 24" tank.

Screenshot_20230106-145422.png

Edited by nabokovfan87

@Zenzo  thank you so much i appreciate the info that is great news ,,Doing a happy dance 🕺 🪩 will be  ordering for sure 

@nabokovfan87 thank you for the help i know how to do simple  measure  with a tape measure 

but am I so dumb with the building stuff  part,,   i did not take that from my mother or brother or cousins  in that department photoshop is my thing 😂 

both of you have a nice evening and weekend 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, Bev C said:

but am I so dumb with the building stuff  part,,   i did not take that from my mother or brother or cousins  in that department photoshop is my thing 😂 

both of you have a nice evening and weekend 

Photoshop is pretty hard to do! Good for you.

You as well 🙂

• Love 1

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Aquarium coop just a customer and aquarist who consumes social media.

Possible forecasts for the coop in the first quarter of sales focused specially on “the lights”.  This is purely for entertainment and discussion.

1. The coop’s careful and well developed product has arrived after years of discussions on media platforms.  All the fans and members (myself included) will buy them initially if they can or have a need they have been holding back on. Big rush on sales Black Thursday and Black Friday in January!  Added bonus was all the add on products like heaters etc. to the orders.  

2. Many “Aquarium influencers” big and small on social media will review the light.  Mostly positive reviews and of course we will hear it’s not the Plant 3.0 (it wasn’t designed to be) but at the end of every review for the serious plant or fish keeper they love it.  Everyone loves a winner.  Possible requests for the coop to do internet interviews everywhere.  They will politely respond but not inflame.

3.  Huge reviews run into the coop website.  Word of mouth drives sales.  When is the last time you heard a company send out a text to members about the release of a product and a community send out texts to fish groups -privately even on a moderate scale. Facebook post and pictures of their new lights 3 to 4 days after launch. (Spreading the news further).  

4.  Sales stabilize but remain high for product in very short term.

5.  Partner stores order lights more buzz and sales

6. Coop has already begun discussions about adjustments for 3 and 4 manufacturing orders/runs to deal with supply issues long term.  Also considering possible tweaks based on feedback from customers.  Also considering long term manufacturing run projections.

7.  Light supplies become low faster than really anticipated (double edged sword).  Customers service and Cory have prepare for complaints.  Sold out till April when next shipment (maybe) arrives.

second quarter  and further projections

8. Coop brand light becomes industry standard for planted light in price range (100 to 300) once supply change issues are addressed.

9. Fluval sales of plant 3.0 light will fall significantly forcing them if they are smart to develop a product to compete directly with coop light or they will lower the price on their plant light 3.0.  Investment of capital into marketing of new light would be significant lowering any significant profits.

10.  Other manufacturers will play copy cat but not have a brand to hang/drive sales. Nor commitment to customer service.

11.  Coop has long term expansion implications to plan for.

• Administrators
On 1/5/2023 at 9:21 PM, Tedrock said:

I would love to hear about the snacks and drinks orders the staff at the coop got today as those light orders went live.  The years of build up just crested the wave right down on them.  I can just see the post office staff saying. . .

image.gif

Friday's quote from leadership chat Randy says: "I bought them big ol pizzas, wings, and a salad spread. They are in a food coma now no doubt"

On 1/6/2023 at 2:25 PM, Bev C said:

@nabokovfan87 thank you very much for tagging me  to see this  message ,, thanks for looking after me …now I can finally use my Christmas and use my custom lid i made for my 10 gallon  

i appreciate it so much ,,

as soon as I hear on the answer to my dumb question from Zenzo i will order 

my question: if the 20 inch light   if it would expand to 22 inch my tank is 22 inch across   hope they do not sell out  if so i will wait patiently 

@Bev C Yep, it will extend further than 24 inches even.

thank you @Cory   that is wonderful news   for my 10 gallon  i need a light for it  still using the black lid light that came on the tank plus  my cousin built a custom lid for it and i been waiting to use it with a new light 

I bought for my 55 gallon  the finnex 24 / 7  a year ago even though it is a nice light and i have it custom set for my plants and on a timer  and it is working well it ok but i feel it is more  for the high tech  co2  plants then i have  thinking of selling it  on ebay get a simpler light 

• Like 1

Just got mine today and all I can say is wow. First impressions, this thing is an absolute unit. Built like a tank. I'm very impressed with the quality. Fit and finish are great. Nice and tight throughout. Great job on it. Hopefully it will end up making me look like a master horticulturist. I'm going to see how well it does(my guess is pretty well) then I have three other, bigger tanks that will need them as well. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2023 at 5:02 PM, Brainsponge said:

Just got mine today and all I can say is wow. First impressions, this thing is an absolute unit. Built like a tank. I'm very impressed with the quality. Fit and finish are great. Nice and tight throughout. Great job on it. Hopefully it will end up making me look like a master horticulturist. I'm going to see how well it does(my guess is pretty well) then I have three other, bigger tanks that will need them as well. 

Nice! Just unboxed my 48inch. The box held up well despite the tape on the outside falling off.
Got it turned on your right, solid indeed! 
I have 3 other various sizes all coming separately but I have no doubt those will be fine too. 

A3255499-0D02-47AC-8D17-4B050A0C087A.jpeg

• Like 3

Went to the co-op today & picked up a 30" light for my 29g! This is only on the 2nd setting & it's about as much light as the 24" finnex stingray was putting out. I haven't turned it all the way up yet only because I just put a new fish in there & I'm letting him get accustomed. But I'm really excited to take this planted tank to the next level! Over time I'll thin out & cut back the water wisteria & pogostemon that's dominating & get some different things growing. Just picked up a red flame sword, so that'll be the 1st to benefit from the new light

PXL_20230110_005253099.jpg.80593fd23c1a49936d44c981fcaf071c.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, ScottieB said:

Nice! Just unboxed my 48inch. The box held up well despite the tape on the outside falling off.
I have 3 other various sizes all coming separately but I have no doubt those will be fine too. 

I'm jealous. I think that's the one I need for my 75g. I only got the 12". Using it for my plant grow out tank to try it out and it's still the most expensive light that I have. I'm already trying to justify one for my 20g. And 45, and 75

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, ScottieB said:

Mine as well tape never stuck.  Feedback for the team.

D9C51C21-1E5E-4D4A-A38F-4EC6D7BBD466.jpeg

On 1/9/2023 at 1:19 AM, Tanked said:

My light will arrive in a day or three. As this will be my first non-DIY light, maybe the I'll finally manage to balance the planted community tank.

The light arrived in just two days.👍  It will weeks before I can tell you how wonderful it is or is not. I can say that the aquarium instantly looked better. Why I bought the light:

• All of my lights grew plants, but some of the plants were telling me that the lighting wasn't quite right.
  • I needed more evenly distributed light.
  • I was about one DIY upgrade from the cost of a commercial light.
  • It has the only features I wanted: dimmable with no timer.
  • I removed 3 individual lights and timers from one aquarium, so I will consume about 50% less power.
  • Maintenance would be far easier and safer.