Favorite Horror Movie

AquaHobbyist123

The Omen (1976 version)

The Changeling, starring George C. Scott (1980)

Obviously, I'm old school and also a lightweight when it comes to horror, but my teens who aren't scared of anything watched The Changeling with me and expected to think it was cheesy but came away saying "WHY DID YOU LET US WATCH THAT NOW WE CAN NEVER STAY HOME ALONE EVER AGAIN?" so it may be cheesy but also...creepy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, Streetwise said:

I don’t mind horror elements, but I don’t enjoy movies where the characters repeatedly make bad decisions, or there is some sort of torture theme. I want a fighting chance for the protagonist(s).

I see your point. Some human error is believable, but sometimes it feels forced In many movies.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, Streetwise said:

I don’t mind horror elements, but I don’t enjoy movies where the characters repeatedly make bad decisions, or there is some sort of torture theme. I want a fighting chance for the protagonist(s).

The thing, the shining, alien, predator, the omen, all come to mind as horror movies with compitent protagonists. The omen is probably the only one where the protagonists dont have a fighting chance.

• Like 1

im not a huge fan of horror but did enjoy the saw movies and the final destination movies. i watched one with the missus recently called the hunt that wasn't bad at all not as predictable as the genre seems to be in general.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, Scapexghost said:

The thing, the shining, alien, predator, the omen, all come to mind as horror movies with compitent protagonists. The omen is probably the only one where the protagonists dont have a fighting chance.

do you think predator is in the  horror genre? i always thought of it more as an action film but now you say that it does kind of fit the mold.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:29 AM, Fishoutawater said:

im not a huge fan of horror but did enjoy the saw movies and the final destination movies. i watched one with the missus recently called the hunt that wasn't bad at all not as predictable as the genre seems to be in general.

do you think predator is in the  horror genre? i always thought of it more as an action film but now you say that it does kind of fit the mold.

Predator is a horror movie disguised as an action movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horror is a genre I can't really stand. It's not scary to me, and has zero effect. I usually just roll my eyes, lol. I do appreciate a good story and cinematography though, so movies like Black Coats Daughter or good old fashioned special effects (cgi is overdone IMO) that are camera tricks and makeup only like the original Japanese version of Ring (Ringu) or 13 Ghosts (2002) are entertaining. I also love a GOOD horror spoof- like Zombieland or Bubba Ho-tep

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 2

I don't think I have a favorite, they all have their moments.  When the movie Phantasm was released, the Sentinel  drilling into its victims forehead was the first movie that caused me and my friends to jump in our seats. 

I like seeing some of the gaffes and what people thought was scary in the 30s-50s, ie: The young women is awaken by the wolfman clawing at the window.  She sits up, adjusts her nightgown, puts on her negligee, bathrobe, and slippers.  Then, she runs to the door crying for help.

• Haha 1