You might be a NERM if...

BigJ

On 6/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, Ken Burke said:

You might be a Nerm if you whip out your phone to show your doctor your post on summer tubbing.  Doctor is not a Nerm.  

Nerm cellphone pictures are also good for warding off having to view pictures of somebody's exceptionally brilliant grandchildren!

• Haha 4

On 7/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, Tanked said:

Nerm cellphone pictures are also good for warding off having to view pictures of somebody's exceptionally brilliant grandchildren!

Be careful.  If you accidentally encounter a Nerm grandparent you might never get away.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

You might be a NERM when you've brainwashed your wife into thinking about where in a new house to put display tanks and your fishroom. 

You might be a NERM if your wife gives you permission to get a 125 g and 75 g display out of the blue. 

You might be a NERM when your kids come up to you and tell you that when you move they want a tank redesign. 

You might be a NERM when people in the office come up to you about starting tanks for their kids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies in advance if this is too TMI, but you might be a NERM if you hear an interesting podcast that mentions testing the pH of your urine and you think "Why not?" and head into the bathroom with the ACO test strips! (Posting for a friend) ;->

• Haha 5

On 7/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, PineSong said:

Apologies in advance if this is too TMI, but you might be a NERM if you hear an interesting podcast that mentions testing the pH of your urine and you think "Why not?" and head into the bathroom with the ACO test strips! (Posting for a friend) ;->

Ummmm. Awkward.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

...if you're telling people to put ammonia in their new tank instead of taking it out.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:34 PM, PineSong said:

That's hilarious @PineSong!  I've seen this question come up more than once "Can you pee in a new fish tank to start the cycle?"  (I still don't know the answer because everyone always laughs and then changes the subject)  🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 months later...

You just might be a nerm if after a rough water change where the siphon hose leaped out of the slop bucket 2 (count them two) times. When you finally sit down after cleaning up the mess and say "I'm going to take a break and have a glass of water" Your non-nerm spouse says "Maybe a glass of 'SeaChem Stability" on the rocks would help".  Where do they learn these nerm terms? 

In favor of my spouse, when I yelled "I'M GOING TO NEED BIG TOWELS !" He didn't ask why, just ran and got them. He is sweet that way ❤️ 

Edited by KittenFishMom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Sure, for those of you in warmer climes.  I haven't seen my patio since October (and I won't until another 3ft of hard, icy snow melts).  I'm not entirely sure what patios are for here!  🤔

Well, bathtubs then if the tub is big enough or the tank is small enough.  I used the bathtub a lot when I was keeping fish in Nebraska.

😉