On 2/19/2023 at 8:10 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

All media gets rinsed in tank water once a week.

The more often I rinse media the more floaty junk is in the water. I only rinse mine when the slow to a trickle. 

Also my understanding is ich is often present but does not attack fish until they are weak or stressed. Ich is also flat to the body not a raised bump. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 8:33 AM, Guppysnail said:

The more often I rinse media the more floaty junk is in the water. I only rinse mine when the slow to a trickle. 

Also my understanding is ich is often present but does not attack fish until they are weak or stressed. Ich is also flat to the body not a raised bump. 

Good to know because I don’t want an ich situation! Maybe fungal then.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:48 AM, Colu said:

I have seen these type of lumps before and they responded well when  treated with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and Indian almond leaves @Chick-In-Of-TheSea

Ok thank you I will try it. Should I use the “tea” or just drop leaves in. Crispy leaves or boiled leaves?

I already have some tea made.

also cleaned the filter. Helper:

1A4A515A-EE4B-4FFD-813C-0B9BC90D73C7.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 2/19/2023 at 4:04 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ok thank you I will try it. Should I use the “tea” or just drop leaves in. Crispy leaves or boiled leaves?

I already have some tea made.

also cleaned the filter. Helper:

1A4A515A-EE4B-4FFD-813C-0B9BC90D73C7.jpeg

I would usually add the leaves you can use the tea or the leaves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:10 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Fortunately only one fellow (or gal) affected. Yet to ID it. Leaning towards ich-x or jungle fizz as treatment but nothing added to qt tank yet @Colu The bump on his body is raised and white. He has one on his dorsal fin as well. 

Looks like bacterial wound. Maybe a nip or ran into something and got speared. Salt+maracyn would be where I start. If it gets fuzzy, then go for the fungus stuff.

On 2/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I rinse them and drop em in. Also add in your tea.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 2:35 PM, Guppysnail said:

What is that?  I missed it!  I NEED these for my gourami. I keep jacking up

the bubble nests with tank maintenance or when I feed. 

Literally just a piece of pvc pipe.

I used fishing line and scotch tape to keep it up high (pvc sinks). The fishing line that is inside the pipe is above the water. @Guppysnail

9932AE3C-F47C-4850-BF22-593B09D93499.jpeg

51349DD0-B92D-4854-AB57-6CED85D3BD58.jpeg

• Love 1

PVC is perfect. I’ll be right near the hardware store tomorrow. I have stainless steel wire I can use.  Hmmmm won’t work 🤨 if I do a water change. Why must I always screw up Mother Nature 🤣. Don’t you have a floating betta log?  Did that actually float high enough to do the same thing?  If so I’ll get one of those. Or 5…Really Cat 5 boyfriends sheesh. 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:00 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

See? Toldja he'd appreciate the cave at the surface. Koianu does that too. 🙂

He’s had it at the surface before but the difference was I didn’t have the airspace in it then. Apparently he is showing appreciation for that.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Well, more what I meant. I'm glad he likes it. It's the lazy Bettas easy bubble nest, they don't have to swim just rest and blow bubbles.

Livin the good life.

Also he will swim through the tunnel for me. And then I give him a worm or a brine shrimp. He’s pretty good at going where I indicate. I got him to dive down to the bottom for a pellet that he had lost also. 

• Love 1

On 2/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

plan to add more plants for him soon and stay away from hardscape, at least for now. If anything maybe some smaller river rocks later on.

This is a good way to ease into things. Maybe he's like an excited pit bull whipping their tail until they're bloodied. It just goes to show how individual every Betta is which is part of what makes them so hard IMO. 

I shot a pic of what Koianu does: 

image000000(196).jpg

• Love 1