Aquashella Dallas

Zenzo

• Administrators

Hey Everyone!

This is to let you know that the Aquarium Co-Op team will be at Aquashella Dallas this August. Come visit us at our booth, and be sure to also catch the presentations that will be given by Master Breeder Dean as well as Irene.

Get your tickets at: www.aquashella.com

The address and details are on the attached flyer, as well as on the website.

CCD47E25-F3B5-4246-A1D1-8CD4E162207D.png

• Administrators
On 5/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, Odd Duck said:

I will be there Saturday.  Still debating if I should take off work on Sunday just to go for both days.  I may see if someone will trade me a shift.

Go both days if you have the option. Especially if there are talks on both days that you'd want to attend. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, Zenzo said:

Go both days if you have the option. Especially if there are talks on both days that you'd want to attend. 

@Zenzo Is there a spot on the website to see what lectures/events are happening on which days? Like a schedule?

Weighing pros and cons of Dallas vs Chicago, as well as what days to attend if I do go to Dallas - traveling from NY, this would be my first Aquashella! 🐟🐌

• Administrators
On 5/10/2022 at 6:04 AM, Nicohorse318 said:

@Zenzo Is there a spot on the website to see what lectures/events are happening on which days? Like a schedule?

Weighing pros and cons of Dallas vs Chicago, as well as what days to attend if I do go to Dallas - traveling from NY, this would be my first Aquashella! 🐟🐌

As they get closer to the even date, yes.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:05 PM, Zenzo said:

I went last year, but it’s not easy to get somebody to trade me shifts.  I can’t really justify taking a full shift off.  I work long shifts, but not many per week.  Sunday is usually close to half my income for the week.  Once I know who’s speaking on Sunday vs Saturday, I will potentially push more for a trade if there’s somebody I want to hear on Sunday.  I’ve already reached out to the Monday doc.  She’s my best option but hasn’t committed, yet, to the trade.  I’ve covered several shifts for her and not asked for her to cover any before, so I’m hopeful she’ll go for the trade.

Edited by Odd Duck
Typos and autocorrect stupidity. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, Its Hutch said:

My wife and i will be there. I got my vacation approved and we booked a hotel and purchased tickets today. If you see a big bearded dude wearing black glasses that's me. I'll wear my COOP Tshirt as well.

Nice, I missed out last year because of Covid and work but I’m looking forward to it this year. Thankfully, it’s in my home city lol. 

Edited by Sun.singh1991

On 5/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, Its Hutch said:

My wife and i will be there. I got my vacation approved and we booked a hotel and purchased tickets today. If you see a big bearded dude wearing black glasses that's me. I'll wear my COOP Tshirt as well.

You’ll need to be more specific.  Big, bearded dudes are kind of common in Texas.  😆 😉 

• Haha 4

On 5/9/2022 at 6:29 PM, Ken Burke said:

Sooooo close.  Wonder if I can get a kitchen pass that close to hunting season🤔

You must not have been married very long.  My wife and I have been married for 34 years, and I have very little trouble getting kitchen passes (I may or may not have occasionally heard the phrase "You're not gone yet?").

• Haha 3

Just confirmed with the other doc will trade the Sunday shift for a Monday shift.  Still need to hear the OK from the boss, but she will almost 100% confirm it’s OK when we pre-arrange a shift change like this where she doesn’t have to talk somebody into covering a gap at the last minute.  So I’m in for Saturday and Sunday!

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:00 PM, Guppysnail said:

Pictures folks. Lots and lots of pictures pretty please for us sad silly folks who live on the east coast.  

I’ll do my best.  Last year was still COVIDey enough I basically buzzed through, chatted for a bit with my friend John, who was running the raffle stuff, bought a little bit, and was out.  This year, John has a booth and is still going to try to run the raffle, so I’ll probably help him out at his booth a bit, especially since I’ll have both days off.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, JettsPapa said:

You must not have been married very long.  My wife and I have been married for 34 years, and I have very little trouble getting kitchen passes (I may or may not have occasionally heard the phrase "You're not gone yet?").

21 years June 30th. But hunting season starts early Oct, runs through January.  And I spend at least one day a week in the woods.  Don’t wanna push my luck too far.  

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, Ken Burke said:

21 years June 30th. But hunting season starts early Oct, runs through January.  And I spend at least one day a week in the woods.  Don’t wanna push my luck too far.  

I go to the beer lease every year too, though not for a week at a time (it's less than an hour from my house).   And no, I didn't misspell that; I haven't actually bought a license or taken a gun in probably 15 years.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, Its Hutch said:

What is a kitchen pass?

It's permission from the wife for the husband to go do something like going to a deer lease, or Aquashella.  Some husbands apparently have problems getting them.  Others of us operate on the principle that it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, Its Hutch said:

What is a kitchen pass?

A VERY old-fashioned term that you should not use in hearing of most women because it implies that the wife is always in the kitchen.  😉  Depending on the relationship, this term is either a funny inside joke for a couple or could potentially result in homicide with the man’s (or significant other’s, I don’t want to be sexist) body in the next stew.  Or anything in between.  😆 😂 🤣 

• Like 1