On 4/14/2022 at 7:02 PM, Jack Hanson said:

@KBOzzie59I’d still consider them as a pretty good option, maybe I could try some larger snails.

@modified lungThose guys would be a great option, like you said they could be hard to find but I’ll see what my LFS has to offer.

Mine are from my LFS but they only seem to get these a couple times a year.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, Jack Hanson said:

Hi, I have a 15g Fluval Flex and am very interested in loaches, I know of the kuhli loach, the dwarf chain loach, and the hillstream loach. Are there any other small species that could work in my tank?

I would lean towards the zebra loach (4" in length) or the yo-yo loach.   The issue is that you really want 3-4 of them at minimum and I don't think this tank is really big enough for that species of fish.  I would suggest waiting, have something to look forward to, whenever you get a tank that is 29G or larger.  You really want to have something a bit bigger because it's a very, very active species.

Dwarf chain loach is probably the only one that makes sense in any way for this tank.

EDIT: hillstream loaches, borneo loaches are a great fish to keep, but I will go back to the number you're really looking to keep (you can keep 1 as an algae control fish) but keep in mind that they have very specific flow and temperature requirements.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1