Co-op purchase unboxing

Patrick_G

My wife gave me a gift co-op certificate so I took a little trip to Edmonds today. Here’s my haul:

D2158474-529C-4662-9291-45B3F7316472.jpeg.da0e46f696b04f6e62b7fdab0d284a23.jpeg

Battery pump, specimen container, sponge filter, plant weights, airstones, diffuser, Anubias coffefolia, Anubias barteri, Crypt lutea and a bargain “easy plant grab bag” of some Crypt wendtii. 

On the way home I stopped at the ADA store got a few more goodies. 
4EA754D3-54B3-41E6-AB0B-48ED4D6BB920.jpeg.8be369d21c5e50679bcfd40bffa8998a.jpeg3DD5E868-4DC1-43A2-B2AE-825A18CC332F.jpeg.303cc4c42ebf6eeddb94cdb720259a54.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Love 7

I just hooked up 2 battery pumps last week. They each run 2 sponges with a gang valve. I do not notice a difference from the nano running 1 each. sitting on carpet I cannot hear them expect for the almost imperceptible hum. So far I’m in love with them. I hope you like yours. Nice plant haul!

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 7:49 AM, Jennifer V said:

Nice haul! I wish I lived close to ACO! But then I may go broke purchasing everything I can and figuring out how to make my wife get on board with my addiction. 😆

It’s a blessing and a curse!

That anubias looks really good! Nice haul. Those ada to go cups of plants always catch me off guard. They have some very striking species in there sometimes.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 8:19 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

It’s a blessing and a curse!

That anubias looks really good! Nice haul. Those ada to go cups of plants always catch me off guard. They have some very striking species in there sometimes.

The to go cups were looking great. I need to spend some time on the ADA site learning more about some of the more rare plants. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 8:49 AM, Jennifer V said:

Nice haul! I wish I lived close to ACO! But then I may go broke purchasing everything I can and figuring out how to make my wife get on board with my addiction. 😆

Jennifer, I have found that listening to what my spouse daydreams about, and building their personal tank appropriately (plus building their 4' tank before I built mine) helps😁

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Torrey said:

Jennifer, I have found that listening to what my spouse daydreams about, and building their personal tank appropriately (plus building their 4' tank before I built mine) helps😁

That's a great idea! I'll frame it like the next tank will be our shared tank to plan rather than just me taking over the whole thing. I tend to be a control freak, especially when I'm excited about something or decorating. Ha! 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, Jennifer V said:

That's a great idea! I'll frame it like the next tank will be our shared tank to plan rather than just me taking over the whole thing. I tend to be a control freak, especially when I'm excited about something or decorating. Ha! 

My wife sparked my current planted tank hobby. At some point I got excited and took over our first tank, but I bought her one for her desk that’s 100% her responsibility. I’ve discovered that she’s mostly a dwarf frog enthusiast and will also pay attention to feature fish that have individual personalities. Shoaling fish, no matter how pretty don’t spark joy for her. 

• Like 3

On 2/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Kurt Brutting said:

I want to move to Washington so The Coop is my LFS. Everytime I say it my wife thinks I’m nuts, but I’m semi-serious. I would be there all the time going hard core fan boy and broke! 

I’m glad that I’m not closer or my wallet would be feeling it! 😆

• Haha 2

Whats this "easy plant grab bag"!?! 

EDIT:  oh i got so caught up i didn't see you wrote about it.  Thats pretty awesome.  was it just some plants that came in too small for them to sell (my other LFS would just sell it ).

Edited by CT_

On 2/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, CT_ said:

Whats this "easy plant grab bag"!?! 

EDIT:  oh i got so caught up i didn't see you wrote about it.  Thats pretty awesome.  was it just some plants that came in too small for them to sell (my other LFS would just sell it ).

I couldn’t quite figure out what was wrong, they’re decent size and look healthy.  I feel like I got a steal! 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, CT_ said:

they let you by murphy huh?  I guess the new guy is getting fired.

He cost less than that Pleco! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think those are Dean’s leopard frog plecos! I was in there last Friday and they were gorgeous and active. Was trying to spot the Queen Arabesque pleco to see if it was worth the $170 price tag, but it was hiding. I wonder if that one too was tank bred, they tend to fetch a bigger price tag.

Edited by Biotope Biologist
Took out my side tangent didn’t feel it added to this topic

On 2/27/2022 at 11:27 PM, lefty o said:

the specimen container is really nice.

I have considered getting this but I haven't decided how badly I need it. Now that I finally have fry, and they all decided to come at once, I probably have more of a need for it. I'm just on disability so have an extremely limited income and try to make sure it's something I need first. I have a 1 gallon icecream bucket I've used for various things I was thinking could work. Not ideal but might work?  Idk...lol

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

I think those are Dean’s leopard frog plecos! I was in there last Friday and they were gorgeous and active. Was trying to spot the Queen Arabesque pleco to see if it was worth the $170 price tag, but it was hiding. I wonder if that one too was tank bred, they tend to fetch a bigger price tag.

I think the ones in the pic are the L-397 candy stripe Plecos that Dean showed off in the recent video. They also had some leopard frogs, I didn’t get a pic of those because the store was packed! 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:07 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I have considered getting this but I haven't decided how badly I need it. Now that I finally have fry, and they all decided to come at once, I probably have more of a need for it. I'm just on disability so have an extremely limited income and try to make sure it's something I need first. I have a 1 gallon icecream bucket I've used for various things I was thinking could work. Not ideal but might work?  Idk...lol

I’ve seen clear containers at Daiso for a few dollars, but the free ice cream bucket sounds great. 

• Like 2