Co-op purchase unboxing

Patrick_G

Don't want to sound like a broken record; but I love that easy plant grab bag as well! 

Some day I'll make it to the Co-Op. Def a bucket list item...sigh...

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 2:07 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I have considered getting this but I haven't decided how badly I need it. Now that I finally have fry, and they all decided to come at once, I probably have more of a need for it. I'm just on disability so have an extremely limited income and try to make sure it's something I need first. I have a 1 gallon icecream bucket I've used for various things I was thinking could work. Not ideal but might work?  Idk...lol

I like my specimen container when I need to view some fish from the side to sort them for whatever reason.  But I use buckets from those soft, puffy mints for lots of stuff.  I don’t put fish or shrimp in them until well used because they retain some mint smell for quite a while, but they sure can tote plants or cuttings around, trimmed off dead leaves, what ever you could possibly need to do.  After enough seasoning, I’m OK with fish or shrimp going in the.  An ice cream bucket I would use in a heartbeat!

Edited by Odd Duck
Weird duplicates.
  • Like 2

I have all kinds of used food storage containers that I use regularly in my fish room. Ice cream buckets, the big jars that peanut butter pretzels come in at Costco, whipped topping bowls, you name it. I've also noticed in the videos with @Dean’s Fishroom catching or moving fish that he uses a lot of restaurant food storage containers, I know them from working as a chef in the past like him. 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

L397 are the Alenquer Tiger Pleco, super cool fish.

Great haul. I have a gift certificate for The Wet Spot I need to use. Maybe after I’m recovered.

You’re totally right, I was confused because Dean used the other name in the video. I guess he’s not wrong and I just using a different common name , but all the internet sites call them Alenquer Tiger Pleco. 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:42 PM, Jeff said:

Don't want to sound like a broken record; but I love that easy plant grab bag as well! 

Some day I'll make it to the Co-Op. Def a bucket list item...sigh...

Apparently they were stashed around the store like a rad aquarists Easter egg hunt. This bag was sitting with the flake food. 😁

On 3/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, Aquariumarcade said:

Where is the ADA store on the way to the Coop?  I probably should not ask or know as it will give me another place to spend more money!!  Lol

It’s in the Roosevelt neighborhood. I don’t want to do to much promoting on the Aquarium Co-op forum but it should be easy to find on google. 🙂