Hello, I’m new here

Tressie

On 1/12/2022 at 10:21 PM, Tressie said:

Thank you. Any advice for newbies?

Welcome!  

There's lots of great advice here.   I'd start by asking you what interests you as far as the hobby?   What fish have you been thinking of?  

My biggest general piece of advice is study up on cycling tanks.  It was one of my biggest hurdles when we got started. 

Edited by GameCzar
general advice

On 1/13/2022 at 4:21 AM, Tressie said:

sadly the best advice is to go slowly and try to make careful and considered purchases, it will save you money, heart ache and time in the long run.  I am quite sure we all have a box of regrets ( noisy air pumps, disapointing filters ect)  its nearly impossible not to but if we can save you some of it we will. 

• Like 1

@Tressie well it depends as I am not sure how much you know. But in general, it is usually cheaper and a better experience overall if you do the proper research and planning before setting up an aquarium. The friendly helpful people of this forum will definitely help you do that. So yeah, do not be afraid to ask any questions, we are here to help you succeed.  

welcome to the group!

On 1/12/2022 at 10:21 PM, Tressie said:

as a (self)certified forever newbie myself, I can say that research and patience is super important- especially when you want to dive right in (no pun intended) into everything. 
And remember the great words of Cory:

"Sometimes fish die, and there's nothing we can do about it."  

That was the hardest advice for me to take in this hobby because I get super attached- I think we all do, honestly- 
but you just have to remember! Do the research, try your best, and if it messes up? Try again! 
And always feel free to ask questions! This community is super nice!